Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Same problem here. Everything that isn't 5.1 dolby is not producing any sound. Very apparent in the LG netflix app; if I for example select an old movie that doesnt have 5.1 sound it's completely silent; and if i select a newer movie with 5.1 dd it does produce sound. But even if it does produce sound, its a bit delayed.

Is there a way to roll back the update? Really wish you'd stop cramming updates down our throats by denying us to change our settings without updating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Personally, as much as people often comment on the great support Sonos provide I think it really depends on the type of support you're looking for.
There is a MASSIVE disconnect between 'support' and dev and I can personally attest to many issues, both in prod and beta, that are simply ignored or closed without much or any actual dialogue - and certainly the content of the official release notes have been hugely questionable/selective at best.
Whether it's the new support 'social media' support model I don't know but there are far more threads completely ignored here now by 'official' Sonos and are just no longer commented on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
The irony is, I'll see if my last post makes it - but to further make the point, although a poster of many years, as a result of the new forum 'improvements', my last post is in for moderation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The irony is, I'll see if my last post makes it - but to further make the point, although a poster of many years, as a result of the new forum 'improvements', my last post is in for moderation.

The post should be up now, it got caught in the filter for some reason... I've saved it.
Same problem here with my Playbar+subs.
When I choose a Dolby Digital Plus channel on the TV there's a silence of 4-5 seconds and then it sounds.
Badge
Same issues as the rest! Diagnostic #7774162
Badge
Diagnostic sent. Confirmation number 7774112
Userlevel 1
Diagnostic 7774165. AppleTV 4 hooked to Sony KDL-70R520 TV via HDMI, then optical from TV to Playbar. Wireless via Sonos Bridge. I also get the clicking sound from my surrounds. When I first started playing the movie today, everything was fine, and Playbar reported 5.1 in. Then I paused the movie for about five seconds and resumed it again. The sound was absent except for the surrounds clicking. The Playbar first reported stereo in, then silence in. Then the audio resumed after about 30 seconds. I paused and resumed again, and the audio was again absent. At this point I submitted the diagnostics. It's been five minutes, and still no audio.
Come on, SONOS. Get your act together and fix this widespread problem. My Playbar worked fine on 7.3 as did my Playbase and the rest of my SONOS speakers. Now under 7.4 everything still works fine EXCEPT for the Playbar.

Triage the problem and give dissatisfied Playbar owners the option of "upgrading" back to 7.3 and release a fix when it's rock solid. Anything else is unacceptable.
Same problem as everyone else. Delayed sound, buzzing from surround speakers.
Optical connect to tv
Sub, Soundbar and 2 play 1's
Samsung 8 series 65"
Submitted diagnostic #7774289
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
New sonos smart speaker rumors all over the web......broken playbar coverage one inaccurate article. I wish I lived in the rumor world rarher then watching this thread grow by the hour. 😃
Diagnostic code 7774452
Samsung KS9500 65" connected to playbar via optical
Playbar wired to router. Sub and 2 play 1's wireless

Same as everyone else. Long delay before audio comes in using 3rd party apps as well as time warner/spectrum cable box.

My method to get around it is to slide to max volume quickly (make it vibrate when it hits max vol) and move it down to halfway before it blows the house up.
Diagnostic # 7769588

Whats the make/model of your TV?
Samsung Smart TV UN65KS8500FXZA

Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
Wireless

Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
TV

Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?
TV and PS4 input work fine. Problems with Youtube, Hulu app, sometimes with audio drop out on Netflix
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details everyone. As of now, everyone posted above me here has had a ticket created for them. You'll be getting an email as soon as this has been resolved with details on what you'll need to do.

Again, thanks for your patience everyone.
TV - LG OLED65C7P
Playbar wired into my Google fiber router, no bridge/boost
Playbar wired to TV via optical cable
Playbar is experiencing issues when watching both live tv and 3rd party apps
****NOTE: When I re-start/re-power everything, sound works for live tv and all apps. But, when I load the Netflix app, the problem returns and exists across all tv-related-channels (live tv and 3rd party apps). That is, there appears to be a problem that kicks in when I use the Netflix app and then 'sticks around,' while using any other Tv-related source. Music streaming works perfectly fine.

Diagnostic: 7774727
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all again. The team's already identified the issue and is working on a solution right now. We're going through and setting up tickets for everyone in the thread at the moment (not done with everyone yet). When the fix is ready to go we'll be emailing everyone with an incident, so you'll see that as soon as there's word, it won't be long.

In the mean time, we appreciate your patience while we get this tested and sorted out.

Confirmation #7769578
Same issue 7774804 Samsung UN65JS850DF Cox Cable DVR
Same issue here. Really frustrating to have spent so much on this system to have a software update screw up such a core use case.

5.1 setup with play 1's. Experiencing clicking sounds from rear surround speakers when playing Netflix from Apple TV, audio generally starts 30 - 60 seconds after. Diagnostic # 7774931. Happened after updating to 7.4. Audio from DVR seems fine as well as other audio sources on Apple TV, just seems to be Netflix.
Userlevel 1
Holy crap, this actually works! Nice find!

My method to get around it is to slide to max volume quickly (make it vibrate when it hits max vol) and move it down to halfway before it blows the house up.
Hi
My TV is the Samsung UN65KS8000.
My Playbar is connected direct to the Tv via toslink (with a Sub and 2 Play 3's for 5.1 surround sound).
I have no sound via internal TVs apps e.g. Netflix, Youtube.
It takes upto 60 seconds for sound to kick in when switching between channels.
If you switch to PCM from Dolby on the TV then the sound immediately comes back (the Sonos app shows as "stereo" on PCM)
Diagnostic number 7774819
Thanks for the details everyone. As of now, everyone posted above me here has had a ticket created for them. You'll be getting an email as soon as this has been resolved with details on what you'll need to do.

Again, thanks for your patience everyone.
p

Hi after recently downloading the 7.4 update my sound is no longer working for my 5.1 setup. It seems the Dolby digital surround is not receiving signal but when I change my tv setting to stereo it will play though my PlayBar. Seems there is a lot of others in the same boat so requesting help and resolution as soon as possible so that I can get my 5.1 sound back. I have PlayBar, sub and two play 1 for surround. PlayBar is hard wired to Ethernet outlet.
I'm facing the same problem with my Playbar. For me it's random how long it takes, and the Source is my Apple TV. My setup is a 5.1, and when there is no sound I hear a clicking sound from some of the speakers. It started after the latest update.
Diagnostic number: 7775337
Badge
I seem to be joining this club too. I have reported the issue and it seems to be a software bug. Try taking speech enhancement off. This altered mine from completely not working to a 5 second delay before kicking in. However, i have a feeling this may also be tempramental and may not actually work in the long run. Hopefully they will issue a fix soon.

Do any of you have an update or anything?
I was having the exact same problem and turned off the speech enhancement option off and on and it worked for me. Thankyou so much. Hopefully they fix their bugged update soon because this is a fault on sonos's behalf.