Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Same issue for me. Samsung 60 inch TV. Diagnostics submitted (7768753) and support ticket raised.
Same issue here. Samsung UN65HU8550

Sound bar and sub with play:1s as surround left and right channels.

No sound when watching Netflix via Samsung native app.
Userlevel 2
Whats the make/model of your TV?
Sony Bravia KDL-55W829B

Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
Wired. My SUB and 2x PLAY:1 speakers are connected via wifi over a Sonos BRIDGE

Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
Wired to my TV

Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?
Yes

Diagnostics Number
Same issue here. Samsung 50 inch. Only certain input encodings seem to cause issues. Diagnostic ticket: 7769039
Badge
Diagnostics number : 7769085
TV : SamSung UN55C8000
Playbar is wirelessly connected to network with Optial cable coming straight from TV.
No audio on movies/videos from HBO and Netflix app on Amazon FireTV after the update. Hear clicking sounds from surround Play1 speaker while movie is playing. Seems like any audio source with 5.1 isn't working. YouTube is working fine and hear clicking sounds when navigating withing Amazon FireTV.
Diagnostics#7769431.
Playbar and 2 play 1's
Tv: Samsung un60js8000
Wired connection
No sound on certain channels after the newest upgrade
No sound on YouTube, amazon
I have the same problem after the recent update. I changed from Dolby to PCS in my TV sound settings, and the sound started working again.
Userlevel 1
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818). No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon.
I have this issue as well. Submitted diagnostic 7769708 as requested.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Were you able to be rolled back to 7.3
I just started having a problem after updating last night. The night before I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on my Samsung TV without issue. Today, when I change videos or if an Ad comes up, I immediately lose my sound. The only way to fix it, is to remove my optical cable and plug it back in or reboot playbar. This is super annoying.
I have same problem as well. Audio works from my LG Web OS Smart TV for all sources (DTV, Youtube, Netflix) except one app: ABC iView app. Weird it affects audio from one app.
I'm suffering as well, sound from DirectTV is ok, but nothing from Netflix or Amazon Video. Very frustrating. LG smart tv.

I've submitted diagnostics under 7769808, as well as email to them.
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon.

WOW. That is tremendously disappointing to hear. Sonos was informed of the issue and did nothing and now thousands of people are affected by this bug. Really unfortunate.... After all, isn't this what the beta testing is meant to prevent?
Similar issues here. 65" Samsung. I can play music, but TV is spotty. Tried a movie on Amazon, silence for a few minutes, then sound was fine. Swapped over to YouTube, then back to Amazon, sound is gone. On YouTube, I get all of the menu sounds (e.g. Scroll, select), but vids play with no sound. Diagnostic is 7769980.
Same issue here my diag report is: 7770218 my tv is an LG 55UF950V-ZA via optical cable and Dolby digital selected. No issues before this update.
Badge
Same issues, no issues before 7.4 update. Diagnostics 7770422. Come on Sonos, let's get this fixed!
"cjinfantino wrote:
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon."

Jeez, this is a total disaster Sonos. Sounds like there were chances for this fiasco to be averted prior to going live, but you took the risk with 7.4 nonetheless. No meaningful communication from you guys makes me wonder if you're even prioritising a fix. You've been aware of this problem since beta testing and yet you act like the issue is new.

The simple solution is to allow people to revert back to 7.3. Doesn't take a bunch of geniuses on large salaries to figure that out. The clicking sound is driving me insane!

What do we have to do to get this resolved? Post this thread on twitter?

Diagnostic 7770299
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
"cjinfantino wrote:
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon."

Jeez, this is a total disaster Sonos. Sounds like there were chances for this fiasco to be averted prior to going live, but you took the risk with 7.4 nonetheless. No meaningful communication from you guys makes me wonder if you're even prioritising a fix. You've been aware of this problem since beta testing and yet you act like the issue is new.

The simple solution is to allow people to revert back to 7.3. Doesn't take a bunch of geniuses on large salaries to figure that out. The clicking sound is driving me insane!

What do we have to do to get this resolved? Post this thread on twitter?

Diagnostic 7770299
I think your right the best idea is to raise the profile with AV journalists and media and post on Twitter/ Facebook and on Av community forums
The response to date from Sonos has been terrible not even an apology.
Exactly same problem as described here. I really getting it in the ear from all in my household - need this fixed asap please!!! Seems from reading every post in this thread that particularly Samsung but also LG TV’s are the devices experiencing the most issues here.

All was working fine until the 7.4 update now no sound at all.

TV: Samsung 55KS7000
Playbar connected over ethernet with 2 Play 1’s (wireless) for surround and a sub (wireless)
Playbar connected to TV via optical lead
Experiencing loss of sound on internal TV apps (Netflix/YouTube/Plex etc). Switching to PCM gives back audio.
Diagnostic ID: 7768851
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Exactly same problem as described here. I really getting it in the ear from all in my household - need this fixed asap please!!! Seems from reading every post in this thread that particularly Samsung but also LG TV’s are the devices experiencing the most issues here.

All was working fine until the 7.4 update now no sound at all.

TV: Samsung 55KS7000
Playbar connected over ethernet with 2 Play 1’s (wireless) for surround and a sub (wireless)
Playbar connected to TV via optical lead
Experiencing loss of sound on internal TV apps (Netflix/YouTube/Plex etc). Switching to PCM gives back audio.
Diagnostic ID: 7768851
its Samsung, LG and also Sony. The TVs that Sonos recommended as part of its mega thread on compatible TVs with 5.1 optical pass through. Panasonic will not be here because the TVs did not do 5.1 pass through before the 7.4 update. I bought 2 Samsung TVs to support 5.1 pass through, replacing a Panasonic and they worked fantastic until the 7.4 update.
I think your right the best idea is to raise the profile with AV journalists and media and post on Twitter/ Facebook and on Av community forums

Oh, Lord... these things may happen. People making mistakes... Gasp! Quite a novelty.
Got the same issue have put tv to pcm to have sound

Diagnostic number 7770763
TV model Samsung UE65KS8000
play bar connected via optical cable
Two play 1's and sub wireless
No sound on tv, YouTube has occasional delay sound if any, Netflix no sound, amazon has sound
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Oh, Lord... these things may happen. People making mistakes... Gasp! Quite a novelty.
mistakes happen its how you handle them that matters.....5+days and no formal communication or fix =bad