Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I'm so pleased it's not just me! I tired any number of things. Resets, on/off, unplugging etc. Nothing worked. Then, I read here. Mine is taking a good minute to stop clicking and give sound. I'm losing sound during programs too :@

Diagnostic 7762240
Sadly me too ?

Samsung TV playbar connected via optic with sub and surrounds (play 3)

Certain channels and streaming services have no sound and wierd clicking noise

Diagnostic 7762660
same here: clicksound (and its not even a twin peaks episode), controller says unsupported audio. stopped with 7.4, was working perfectly before. can i please downgrade to 7.3 please?

Diagnostic 7762684
Badge
I'm also getting the same thing. The surrounds give me a clicking sound.

Confirmation # 7762871

No sound but clicking sounds with youtube on Samsung TV app.
No sound with Ps4 Pro.

Netflix from Samsung TV app works after a few seconds.
Pandora works from Sonos App.

Please fix the problem ASAP.

Thank you.
Badge
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
Badge
I have DIRECTV and the same thing happened to me. I have reset the boxes and checked all audio settings but it has not worked.
This is SO RIDICULOUS, unplugging and replugging my soundbar only fixes it until the next time I turn the TV on. Is there still no official guidance on this? Is rebooting the router worth doing? Sounds a bit stupid to me as a solution, sonos work fine its specifically the optical audio that is not responding. Rebooting the router does not work. All work arounds are very short term. We need a proper solution it's an optical handshake issue I think.

Agreed, the reboot won't likely help. Factory resets are about as good as restarting the player too, so it's usually unneeded.

We're working on a resolution and will let you know as soon as it's ready to go.

_____

At this time, we've created tickets for everyone in the thread above my post here. You'll be getting emailed when this has been sorted out.

Please add me to this list. This is ridiculous. As much money as we pay for these things, you would think they would work. At a bare minimum, they should work.
Whats the make/model of your TV: UN65KS9000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wireless (Playber & Sub)
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Optical to TV
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app: TV from the cable box and when using Amazon prime video

Support Diagnostics: 7763065
Hi,
Same problem here.
Diagnostic: 7763107
TV : Samsung UN60JU6500FXZA
Playbar is wireless (and has two Play:3's for surround and a sub)
Playbar is connected to the TV.
Blu-Ray playing through TV, Apple TV apps playing through TV, or Netflix app on TV all have trouble - it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It sometimes stops working while playing and randomly will work again sometimes.
Diagnosic:7762211
Sony x900e
Connection: optical tv to playbar
Issue: No Dolby Digital 5.1 after software update. Not working with Xbox one S and TV app (Netflix). Weird sound coming from surrounds (pop noise).
Same here.... does for Directv and PS4 since the update
Yep mine broken too. Sonos what are you doing about it????
Same issue here!

Whats the make/model of your TV: UE55H6400AW
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wired
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app: 3rd party apps: Amazon prime video, Google Play, HBO Spain, Netflix (not all the shows)

Support Diagnostics: 7763837

Setting PCM audio as a temporal fix. No clicking noises but no sound on all HD audio shows from 3rd party apps.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm having the same problem. Updated the whole system last night to v7.4 and now my Surround (Play1) speakers are clicking on HBO, YouTube, and some channels off the cable box. Before finding this post, I removed all the speakers and reinstalled everything - avoiding the idiotic "Trueplay dance....This is really pathetic.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Add me to the list. I've been using a Playbar and 2 Play 3 surrounds without problem for a year and a half. After updating to Version 7.4, multiple problems exist. I'm experiencing the clicking sounds in the surrounds intermittently. I also get multiple audio dropouts of various durations when the programming has DD 5.1. Changing to PCM fixes the audio dropout problem though this isn't a reasonable fix by any means. I've sent diagnostic codes via e-mail and on other threads in this forum. If you need me to, I can do it again.
Same problem here...
Support Diagnostics: 7763016
Userlevel 1
Badge
Actually, I'll go ahead and give all my info again since I haven't done it on this thread:

Whats the make/model of your TV: Sharp Aquos LC-80UQ17U
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wireless
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app: 3rd party apps: I haven't watched anything from 3rd party apps. This problem happens when watching TV and the signal is DD 5.1

Support Diagnostics: 7764139
Hi,

My system is also experiencing the problems mentioned since the latest update. TV apps like Netflix and Hulu do not get sound, and some cable channels do and some don't, or it intermittently goes in and out. My setup includes Playbar, Sub, and Connect:Amp for surround speakers. Playing music is unaffected.

make/model of your TV: Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA

PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to network: Wired

PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Wired to TV

PLAYBAR issues when watching TV and from 3rd party app: No audio with Netflix and Hulu, dropouts or no audio on some Cox cable channels

diagnostic number: 7764105
I'm also experiencing all the above problems,
TV- Samsung ue48ju7500txxu,
Playbar wired to tv,
No sound with hd channels,
Clicking on two play ones,
Diagnostic number 7764174
Same problem here with HD (Dolby) channels. No sound unless volume on playbar at max...
Diagnostic number 7764402
Diagnostic 7764573
Samsung ue65ke7000
Play bar optical tv
Clicking on ones
I haven’t received an email yet but submitted all of the requested info. What’s going on??
According to the rep from Sonos: You'll be getting emailed when this has been sorted out.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Not a good week for sonos. Lots of people upset about the new privacy policy and now this. When is the last time we have had a status update? 4 days is a long time when this many people are effected. Do we know if the update is actively available and still being installed or has it been pulled?