Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Userlevel 3
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Iris a system reboot on my sound bar. Seems to have worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I went through Twitter and they got back to me with a support ticket after submitting diagnostics, etc. In the same message it says to call support to look further into it. Is there any point in doing so? Am I just better off waiting as per above?

I just took a look at your case and it was set up properly on our end. You won't need to call in right now. We'll let you know via email as this develops. Thanks for your patience!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I too am having this problem, my diagnostic code is 7759842. It is really very frustrating!
I've got a slight improvement.
Switched off power to all speakers.
Switched on playbar
Factory reset sub and then surrounds
I can now get sound on the channels that weren't working before, albeit after a random delay of anything from 10s to a minute. During this delay the surrounds are still making the clicking noise.
Interestingly all the channels that I was having issues with appear to be Dolby 2.0 or at least thats what they are showing up as in the Sonos app.
This is SO RIDICULOUS, unplugging and replugging my soundbar only fixes it until the next time I turn the TV on. Is there still no official guidance on this? Is rebooting the router worth doing? Sounds a bit stupid to me as a solution, sonos work fine its specifically the optical audio that is not responding.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
This is SO RIDICULOUS, unplugging and replugging my soundbar only fixes it until the next time I turn the TV on. Is there still no official guidance on this? Is rebooting the router worth doing? Sounds a bit stupid to me as a solution, sonos work fine its specifically the optical audio that is not responding. Rebooting the router does not work. All work arounds are very short term. We need a proper solution it's an optical handshake issue I think.
Whats the make/model of your TV UN65KS8000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network Wireless
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box TV
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix Issue happens with Tv from the cable box and when using Amazon prime video

Support Diagnostics: 7760486
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
This is SO RIDICULOUS, unplugging and replugging my soundbar only fixes it until the next time I turn the TV on. Is there still no official guidance on this? Is rebooting the router worth doing? Sounds a bit stupid to me as a solution, sonos work fine its specifically the optical audio that is not responding. Rebooting the router does not work. All work arounds are very short term. We need a proper solution it's an optical handshake issue I think.

Agreed, the reboot won't likely help. Factory resets are about as good as restarting the player too, so it's usually unneeded.

We're working on a resolution and will let you know as soon as it's ready to go.

_____

At this time, we've created tickets for everyone in the thread above my post here. You'll be getting emailed when this has been sorted out.
Badge +1
Same issue of the delay before sounds starts coming through sonos playbar + 2 surrounds, also clicking noise! Fix asap, and offer downgrade
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue of the delay before sounds starts coming through sonos playbar + 2 surrounds, also clicking noise! Fix asap, and offer downgrade

I found the diagnostic you sent in, always best if you can include it here in the post. We've gone ahead and created a ticket for you as you're running into the issue mentioned here. We'll be in touch via email when the next steps are ready.
Same problem. Diagnostics sent # 7760735. That's why I quit the beta 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same problem. Diagnostics sent # 7760735. That's why I quit the beta :(

I just set up the ticket for you. If you were in a beta program previously, let the technician know when they reply back to you after this is sorted and they may be able to assist if you want back in.
Please add me to the list of people experiencing this. # 7760856

TV: LG OLED 65B7P
Playbar + Sub + 2x PLAY:1
Playbar is wired into network.
Optical connection from TV.

Thanks.
Please add me to the list of people experiencing this.

Whats the make/model of your TV Samsung UE55KS7000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network - Wireless
Playbar + 2x Play 1s
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV - Optical
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix Issue happens with Tv from the cable box and when using Amazon prime video - Yes

Support Diagnostics: 7761210
Add me to the list of those with trouble.

Whats the make/model of your TV UN65JS8500
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network Wireless
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box TV
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; sporadically both, and cannot get sound with DVR recording playback

I have rebooted, disconnected & reconnected. Nothing works

Diagnostics: 7761389
Samsung KS8500
Wifi
TV via optical
Certain Channels through Satellite Box and Netflix

Diagnostic Number: 7756595

Sonos I added these details yesterday however I've not received an email advising a ticket has been raised? Can you advise the process to have a ticket raised so I can be advised as soon as this issue is rectified
I too am experiencing this issue.

Diagnostic: 7761520
TV Make: Sharp
TV/Cable Box: Via Optical

No sound when set to 5.1 Dolby

Issue began after 7.4 update
Same issue here no Dolby Digital after software update. PCM (stereo) works. Interestingly power down/up on playbar brings back Digital Dolby but it disappears once I e.g. change a movie on Netflx etc
Submitted yesterday, but thoughted I'd better add it here as haven't heard anything from sonos.
Diagnostic number 7756609

Hi, when turning my TV on or starting a recording, my speakers are making s popping sound. This has only happened since the latest update I performed on Thursday. It is very frustrating!
I excepted the online update today moving my speakers onto version 7.4 ( build 37244160), this immediately caused all the speakers in my lounge to loose their Sonos subnet wifi network, and not showing in the Sonos App ( playbar, Sub and 2 play 1's - all set up as a surround sound system off a SkyQ box and a Samsung UHD tv) . After some considerable time I managed to get the speakers back on their wifi network. Note no issues encountered with. Play 3 in our kitchen. This evening I now find that only some hd channels have sound being played through the lounge Sonos speakers , with the playbar status for input showing as "Pause Burst", some channels can take between 5 and 60 seconds for the audio to start playing.
Disappointed that this expensive system now no longer functions as intended and that Sonos have yet to contact me after posting on 24 August, hence my post here in the community.
Diagnostics- 7755044
TV fed via HDMI
Playbar fed via optical cable
Both playbar bar and sub on LAN cables
Same issue after update here. Sound goes or is heavily delayed in coming through for surround sound channels (my HD)

TV: Samsung KS8000
Connection: PLAYBAR to TV through optical
Diagnostic No: 7761786
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,

Same problems as described previously since the update. Changing channels on sky will result in a clicking noise and Sonos input showing as "Silent". After about a minute sound will kick in. I also lost sound halfway through a film on Netflix last night.

Diagnostic: 7762100
TV: Samsung UE65KS9500
Optical connection from TV to Soundbar

Making watching TV very annoying
Hopefully this will be resolved quickly and restore my Sonos setup back to its former self.

Since update I get no sound from my playbar, sub and two Play 1s from my Samsung KS7000 tv, connected via optic toslink and Sonos Bridge, when watching any app: Netflix, Amazon, and NowTV when streaming HD content. No sound when watching HD freesat channels either.

SD freesat signals work, as does the signal passed through the TV from my Xbox One S, which we have started using to stream movies and TV shows.

My issue only seems to be when the TV is the source of the Dolby Digital content i.e. Not when the source is the Xbox and passed through.

Sonos playbar and sub have been in use for 18+ months. Surround Play 1s around 8 months. Never had an issue with any of the speakers or our Play 3's elsewhere in the house. This however is frustrating as hell and I will not be downloading system updates so quickly in future without first checking this forum!

Diagnostic reference: 7762133
Diagnostic: 7762162
LG OLED TV
Watching Blu-Ray with audio transcoded to DD5.1 by Samsung Blu-Ray player. Haven't checked anything else
Optical from TV to Playbar
Badge
Diagnosic:7762211
Sony x900e
Connection: optical tv to playbar
Issue: No Dolby Digital 5.1 after software update. Not working with Xbox one S and TV app (Netflix). Weird sound coming from surrounds (pop noise).