Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I’m experiencing the same issue.
Tv: Visio M65-D0
Connection: playbar is wired to the router and connected to the tv through optical cable.

There is only audio with PCM. If set to Dolby, Sonos shows silence in the app.

Diagnostics: 7756278
Lost sound on certain channels on update 7.4
Can you send me the new update 7783476
Thank you
Hi SONOS

I'm having the exact issue. At least 3 channels are missing sound, I have had everything off the wall, I replaced the optical link, reinstalled channels and yelled at my cable provider (/s) before I found this thread.

I ran diagnostics with the id 7805325 - HELP!
Sony xbr 55a1e wired Ethernet playbar with optical connection to tv. diagnostic 7756317 also only with Dolby digital
It's working!!
Please add me to beta - diagnostic number 7801391 - thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
chregu & kaspersstefa:

You both have been added to the Beta. Go and update your Sonos system and let us know if this resolves the issues experienced.
Thank you ?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm having the same issue with a few different apps on my Samsung TV. Can you send me the update as well. #7787307
Badge
#Andy B The Update I received seems to Fixed the Issue 7819674
Same issue. Noticed immediately with the TV sound after the upgrade two days ago.
Diagnostic 7756428
Playbar wireless with optical connection to tv (have not touched or upgrade the wire or tv since the upgrade)
Have subwoofer and 2 play 1's
Hear clicking at times. Several second delay in sound when changing channels and sometimes fast forwarding or pausing tv playback.
Samsung tv
Extremely frustrating!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Crookybear, nlrich, Markymarkuk69, and AWE, you're all now flagged for the beta. Go ahead and check for updates.
As of now, everyone in this thread has been added to that beta version that was mentioned. If you haven't gotten it yet, go ahead and check for updates on your system by going to Settings > Check for updates or Online Updates.

If you have any issues or trouble with the PLAYBAR after this update, please let us know.

Updated to 7.4.1 and all seems resolved across all inputs. Many thanks to Ryan and the team at Sonos, and Tom Warren too 🙂
Same issue. Playbar connected by optical to tv. No sound from any of the smart tv apps. This needs to be fixed. Ruining football today:(

Would love to be part of any interim beta program.

Diagnostic number: 7824888
Badge
Same issue here since update to 7.4. Can you email me the beta 7.4.1

Sorry diagnostics report was 7762539
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Alright everyone. As of right now, it looks like everyone who has posted in this thread at this point has been flagged for the update. If we missed anyone, please let us know.
make/model of TV.....Samsung UN65JS9000FXZA
PLAYBAR is wired to network.
PLAYBAR is wired to TV via Tivo box.
PLAYBAR is experiencing issues when watching TV. The Tivo audio was set to Dolby Audio, but because of the 7.4 upgrade I had to reset to PCM to get steady and constant Audio to tv

diagnostic number is 7747811
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
pkulak, Kuinhell, Dengar2k, User515753, pcrichardson, and Bert0364, you should be all set. Looks like some of you already got the update too.

Troxxx, can you please try playing the TV again and send a new diagnostic when you have trouble? Your system isn't reporting this error, so we want to make sure before flagging your system for an update it might not need.
Badge
No audio from TV source when playing Netflix and other streaming services off Apple TV. Diagnostics confirmation #7883078
Userlevel 1
Badge
Has anyone been contacted by SONOS with an update after submitting your diagnostic? It's been a couple of days now since I've submitted and radio silence since...
Hi cheznpep, maaijre1, summit03, aovito, iammario, Raphster, chowes, Swickes, Mr Shooter, Porey7, brettdemunter, joed101, Woodstork, mcg1579, TheNod, mrmojo134, matthewhodgkins, danpiggott, jgrive, Tezza007, jerrykim, and robbiemgm you've all been flagged for the beta. Please run the update for your system when you have a moment.

For all other users that have posted over the past two days, I'm in the process of going through this thread and flagging each system for the beta. I'll be posting in the near future with the next round of users that can run the update for the beta build.

Beta update fixed it for me - thank you.
Whats the make/model of your TV: Samsung UN65F8000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wireless (Boost connected to Router)
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Playbar is connected via optical cable to Monprice HDMI switch optical out. TV is connected to Monoprice HDMI switch via HDMI cable to ARC input.
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix: No Dolby digital audio when using native Samsung smart apps (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc.) nor Roku Ultra apps. Sonos app shows Playbar Audio In: "Silent" and I can hear some slight audio clicking sounds. If audio source is switched to stereo, then sound is output. All 5.1 and DD 2.0 sources worked properly prior to the update last night. All Sonos units and network devices have assigned MAC address reservations, so there should be no IP address conflict.

Diagnostic: 7758654
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
I'm curious as to why sonos didn't take this update off the system if they have known it was an issue for the last couple of months
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Just did the beta survey and the wording is confusing. It asks if you had audio issues with your Playbar PRIOR to the latest update. I took that to mean the latest official update which was 7.4. The survey then ended when I answered "no" so I suspect it meant the Beta update 7.4.1.