Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Paris78, shaun99, and kristiansen90 you three have been flagged for the beta. Please run the update when ready.
Issue also happens on cable tv that isn't 5.1
Same problem after updating to 7.4: no audio at all on HD channels (or any HD content for example in Netflix)
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
The response from Sonos to this issue has been appalling no apology and no confirmed date for rectifying the software failure. I am going to contact John Archer and post on the AV forums to get some AV media interest in this issue.
Today's update worked for me. Sound is back to normal. Thanks!
Same problem here since yesterday's software update.

Tv Samsung UE49KU6100KXXU
Sound bar connected by optical cable
Surround and sub connected by wireless

Diagnostic 7753474
Badge
Diagnostics number 7776046

Same issue here with Samsung KS8000 TV with Playebar, 2 Play 1 and sub. TV lost sound after update, Can get it to work if TV set to PCM. Sent diagnostics number 7776046. Please fix this soon.

Thank you

Jeff
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
The response from Sonos to this issue has been appalling no apology and no confirmed date for rectifying the software failure. I am going to contact John Archer and post on the AV forums to get some AV media interest in this issue.

Yawn.

This happens to a few users every update because their router has crashed or rebooted and thus lost track of assigned IP adresses, resulting in duplicates. It is easily rectified by a network refresh, and ultimately curable by reseriving IP adresses in the router setup. Nothing Sonos can do about either, so unless you think "A Few Sonos Customers Have Wonky Networks!" is a click driving headline, I'd hold off on the silly name-dropping and threats.
if it thst easy then I would appreciate Sonos just sending us all a short e mail outlining the procedure we need to undertake to rectify the issue or providing a similar explanation that you have provided. I have invested heavily in Sonos products and this failure is my first issue with the products since 2010.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for posting those diagnostics everyone. I've gone through and up to this point, everyone has been flagged for the update to fix this issue. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set after.
Refresh your network by rebooting all network devices; router first, then hubs and switches, then Sonos, computers, printers, mobile devices, etc. Let each finish before moving on to the next.

As for reserving IP adresses, each router is different. Consult your router's manual.
Looks to have worked thanks for quick response
I have no sound at all as well. Very frustrating. I am skeptical every time there is an update and for good reason.

I have a playbar hard wired. With 2 surrounds (I'm hearing the click sound too).

Diagnostic:7754123.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Same problem. Can you add me. Diagnostic 7822497

You're all set danfoord. Go ahead and update to the beta build when ready.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Tommyd76, jtdanaher, bruce62, StevenKlip, siliconsecure, Charlie1, RyanR, JPS, thathatch, reeceorbuck, przwl, NashHon, RM2000, and bobbyollox you've been flagged for the beta. Please run the update when you have a moment.

shogg, please check for updates once again. You should see one now.
Sound bar surround system not playing some sound from TV. Internet services playing through TV not playing sound. Sonos App sometimes says, "unsupported TV audio". I hear some light "clicking" from the speakers when trying to play sound. Then sometimes it starts working, but if I pause and then play again -- nothing, just the same light clicking sound. I have unplugged the optical cable and plugged it back in, restarted the system, but same issue. Playing music works fine, it just the TV audio. I've had the sound bar and surround sound system for a few years with no issues at all until now -- nothing has changed other than the Sonos auto software update. Please help! I'll take the Beta test update if that's going to help. I'm using an LG smart tv. Diagnostic number: 7908186
Tv make/model : Samsung UE46F8000
PLAYBAR is wirelessly connected to network. I have a Sonos boost
Playbar is connected to tv via toslink
It seems to click on all channels that are broadcast in HE-AAC 5.1 when “digital out” is set to “Dolby digital”; this was fine before the 7.4 update
I haven’t tried internal apps
Diagnostic Id : 7754552
The team has been working tirelessly on this as we wanted to get you all a resolution as soon as possible. There is now an update available for testing to fix this issue.

If you haven't already been added to this beta (version 7.4.1) and you'd like to test it out, we'd love your feedback. Please submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and post your confirmation number here so we can confirm you're experiencing the issue. We'll use that to apply the update too. We'll be adding this fix to a future release, but we'd like to offer everyone affected the chance to join this beta.

Update September 1st: Adding this to the main answer for visibility, I posted it as a comment below too.
Thanks everyone for your patience and helping out test this fix for us. So far, it’s going extremely well, which is a great sign.

The team is making sure there isn’t going to be any other adverse issues before wrapping this up into a full release and sending it to everyone. For now, we’re still going to be individually flagging systems. They’ll be evaluating everything next week to determine if this update is ready for prime time, we don’t yet have an official date on when it’s going to get set live.

This weekend we’re going to be a little short handed with the holiday in the US, so it may take a little while after posting here before you get added to the beta test list for the update. Feel free to post your diagnostics below and we’ll make sure to address each one as soon as we can. Our apologies for the delay and the silence in the meantime.
Sound takes a long time to come through when changing channels or using YouTube app. Sometimes doesn't work at all and have to flick channels around before it starts working again. This was only a problem after 7.4 update yesterday.
Sub connected to Ethernet.
Playbar connected to TV using optical. Samsung UE55MU7000 TV.

Diagnostic 7755485
Same problem here. Working fine until system update today.

TV: Samsung KS7000
System: Playbar, sub, 2xPlay 1
Playbar connection: wireless to bridge, toshlink from tv
Diagnostic: 7755546

No sound on some channels from SkyQ silver box other than clicking from surround, Audio in is shown as 'Pause Burst' when this happens.
Sometimes sound comes on after 30s or more.

I've been close to ditching this system for sometime to something that supports DTS and Dolby Atmos and now can't even get Dolby digital to work properly on a £1500+ system! I certainly won't be expanding to other rooms if Sonos continue to refuse to support these formats.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ok, petteroyvind, peterbault, deftone971, micand72, and Hilly1973, you're all ready for the update. Go ahead and check in the controller.

@tom12 Thanks for sharing. If you want me to flag you for the update, let me know.
Same issue after 7.4 update, this is ridiculous!!!! What is going on SONOS??????
There were intermitant cutouts over the past few weeks.

All these issues below started with the most recent update.

Whats the make/model of your TV?
Samsung 9000 Series

Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
Wirelessly connected using Sonos wireless router

Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
Connected to the TV output smartbox (box that accepts and distributes all connections)

Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?
So far, using the dish tv but only on certain channels. And it does not matter if it's live or a recording being played back.

Diagnostics with ticking on dish channel 386: Your confirmation number is: 7756250
No sounds but ticking

Diagnostics with sound after changing to other dish channel 380: Your confirmation number is: 7756252
Normal sounds

Looking forward to a rapid response team correction. I'd say it's either a coding issue or the attempt to begin integration of Alexa or other smart IoT subject matter.
Whats the make/model of your TV? Samsung un65ks8500
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network? Wirelessly but connected to the tv via optical
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Connected to the tv via optical
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? No sound unless I have PCM turned on but this only applies to watching tv from my X1 cable box. There’s no sound when I try to watch anything on Hulu, Netflix, etc

Diag. #7756264

I had no issues prior to this update.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same here. Samsung mu8009 and playbar.
Diagnostic number 7787006

Just added you to the beta. You should be good to update.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
nate71183, Stupendous Man, jaypug, Coopeh, chrisredmayne, alistairjkay, Titanman100, LWoodberry1972, LALB, MARKEALEXANDER, npp123, bendefoe80, dRud0gg, and rholley you've all been flagged for the beta. Please update when you're able to do so.