Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Now I'm having audio sync issues...Audio plays before they talk! HELP. It says my playbar is on 7.4.1 but the rest of my system is on 7.4 x2 Play 1's and a Sub. hoping they resolve all these issues sooner than later! Thanks
Diagnostic sent. Confirmation #: 7907369 Pls add me to the beta fix 7.4.1
Alrighty, as of this post, everyone in the thread should be marked for the beta update for this issue. Please check for updates in your system and you should be all set.

Hi Ryan -- I still don't see an update. Do I need to do anything other than opt-in to the beta under Advanced Settings and then check for updates?

Thanks for your help.
Same issue of sound dropping from TV apps. Diagnostic number 7907515. Please add me to the beta. Thanks!
Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you please add me to the 7.4.1 beta?
Diagnostic #7907895

Thanks!
Hi,

I have the same issue. Please add me to the beta.

Diagnostic #7907722

Thanks!
Same problem here. Diagnostic is 7908183.

Kids found that by ramping the volume up sound will be restored but you will quickly go deaf doing it repeatedly.
Hi

I've got exactly the same issue, certain channels not working, yep ramping up volume works sometimes.

Diagnostic is 7908217
7908380 - intermittent loss of sound for variable periods when changing freeview channels , and when accessing smart apps on Samsung TV. Intermittently get clicking/dripping sound from one of Play1 surround speakers when it is trying to reconnect sound. TV sound played out through optical out with Playbar/sub/2 x play1s , all wirelessly connected.

Please add me to Beta program.

thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Tommyd76, jtdanaher, bruce62, StevenKlip, siliconsecure, Charlie1, RyanR, JPS, thathatch, reeceorbuck, przwl, NashHon, RM2000, and bobbyollox you've been flagged for the beta. Please run the update when you have a moment.

shogg, please check for updates once again. You should see one now.
Sound bar surround system not playing some sound from TV. Internet services playing through TV not playing sound. Sonos App sometimes says, "unsupported TV audio". I hear some light "clicking" from the speakers when trying to play sound. Then sometimes it starts working, but if I pause and then play again -- nothing, just the same light clicking sound. I have unplugged the optical cable and plugged it back in, restarted the system, but same issue. Playing music works fine, it just the TV audio. I've had the sound bar and surround sound system for a few years with no issues at all until now -- nothing has changed other than the Sonos auto software update. Please help! I'll take the Beta test update if that's going to help. I'm using an LG smart tv. Diagnostic number: 7908186
Beta 7.4.1 patch worked for me, Thanks.
Sound bar surround system not playing some sound from TV. Internet services playing through TV not playing sound. Sonos App sometimes says, "unsupported TV audio". I hear some light "clicking" from the speakers when trying to play sound. Then sometimes it starts working, but if I pause and then play again -- nothing, just the same light clicking sound. I have unplugged the optical cable and plugged it back in, restarted the system, but same issue. Playing music works fine, it just the TV audio. I've had the sound bar and surround sound system for a few years with no issues at all until now -- nothing has changed other than the Sonos auto software update. Please help! I'll take the Beta test update if that's going to help. I'm using an LG smart tv. Diagnostic number: 7908186
Exact same issue for me.
Tommyd76, jtdanaher, bruce62, StevenKlip, siliconsecure, Charlie1, RyanR, JPS, thathatch, reeceorbuck, przwl, NashHon, RM2000, and bobbyollox you've been flagged for the beta. Please run the update when you have a moment.

shogg, please check for updates once again. You should see one now.
Same issue for me pls apply beta

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
charristexas & Ksinc:

You have both been flagged for the beta. Update and test the audio output whenever you get a chance. Let us know if this resolves the issue.
7.4.1 seems to have solved my issues too, thanks.
Same annoying issue. Can fix it, when I enable/disable speech enhancement and/or night mode. Can you also please readd me again to the beta (was there, but seem to not get it anymore). Diagnostic number: 7909706

Thanks in advance
Thanks - the beta update fixed my issue!! Previous report was 7905878
My diagnostic is also send, i am experiencing the same problems. ID is 7909774. Please add me to the BETA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
chregu & kaspersstefa:

You both have been added to the Beta. Go and update your Sonos system and let us know if this resolves the issues experienced.
Same issue here. No sound on built in apps (YouTube etc) on Samsung KS7000 tv. Diagnostic number 7910055.
Please add me to beta update. Thanks.
BTW a great product.
Diagnostic 7910115
Same issue here
Diagnostic 7910205