Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I am having the same problem with Playbar making noises and Play 3's dropping out. My diagnostic confirmation number is 7905734. Please add my to the beta. Thanks
Hi MrVague-uk, SonosPlay135, ianwilli, and Paniek,

You should all have updates available now. Please update your systems, test things out, and let me know how it goes.

System updated with 7.4.1
Thank you for the quick reply/update.
Audio tested. Seems to be working pretty solid thus far. Thanks again!

- SonosPlay135

Yes, its working!
I'm having the same audio issues. Diagnostic # 7905853. Would love the update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Alrighty, as of this post, everyone in the thread should be marked for the beta update for this issue. Please check for updates in your system and you should be all set.

For those of you waiting who might not want to join the beta, testing has been going great and we'll be having a full release for this very soon. If all goes as planned I'll have some good news for you shortly. Again, our apologies for the trouble.

Diagnostic number 7879207
This is the second time in posting this info in this forum in an 8 day period. I hope they do something this time.

I just double checked, your system was flagged for the beta that fixes this issue on the 25th. Make sure you check for updates in your Sonos app under Settings, there's one that's been waiting for you that fixes this issue.
No sound just ticking when playing YouTube videos, all other sources seem fine.

Diagnostic # 7896500

System consists: (1) Boost, (1) Playbar, (2) Play 1's, (2) Play 3's, (1) Play 5, (1) Sub. Running version 7.4
TV - LG 60UF7300-UT
Wireless system
Optic cable from TV to Playbar
Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you please add me to the 7.4.1 beta?
Diagnostic #7905953

Thanks!
Same Samsung TV streaming apps problem

diag conf# is 7905974 please send me the updates to fix this.
I have this issue too, diagnostic number 7906134. Please add me to the beta, thanks
Awesome response from Sonos support. Just received build 7.4.1 and it fixed the issue on my Playbar. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
ktd12, henri.debarolet, dandcdivide, and spida1998, you should all be set now. Go ahead and check for updates.
@Ryan: pb solved! Thanks for your reactivity!
Same issue for me (audio takes a minute to start). Lg e6, Apple TV 2017, Sonos Playbar. Seemed to start happening over arc HDMI. Fine if I force stereo. Issues with Dolby.

Diagnostic: 7905878
Please send me the beta 7906498.
Same problem here. No sound when using apps. Diag #7906619
Hi Guys,

Same issue here. Diagnostics number: 7906808

Cheers
It worked. Thank you. Now I can turn off CC!
Diagnostic number 7907073
Looking forward to trying the beta fix!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there SkyFireXl, jmpacker13, cornerstone, Fixy999 & tylerherzog1:

I've flagged all of your Sonos accounts for the update that should address the home theater audio problems. Check for updates and please let us know if the update resolves the issue.
I'm having the same audio issues. My diagnostic number is 7907221. Thanks!
Please send the beta: 7907250. Thank you.
I am also having audio out problems post 7.4 Sonos update.
I have a Samsung UA55JS9000 TV connected to my Sonos playbar via optical. The TV channel sound is fine, however if I access content via smartTV apps such as IVIEW, SBS on demand or YouTube, I do not receive audio output. I can receive audio if I select TV speakers over optical out and do not use the Sonos bar. I have run YouTube via my PC through the TV by screen mirroring and sound is ok through Sonos. System diagnostics: 7907272
Sony Bravia KD-55X9005
playbar - router sub/play3 surrounds
playbar direct to tv via optical

Long lag before audio kicks in (netflix tv app). Will be fine then drop out when we change show.

Diagnostics # 7907312

Thanks!
having the same problem. Driving me and the family crazy with the clicking noise. Please add me to the beta. diagnostic number. 7907318
Today's update worked for me. Sound is back to normal. Thanks!
I believe I'm having this same problem with the sound cutting out when using Hulu. Please apply the Beta release 4.7.1 to my system. Diagnostics confirmation number: 7907358. Thanks!