Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

I have a Sony XBR-55X850D an Xbox one and a 3rd G Apple TV. My Sonos Playbar seemed to have no problems until I reconfigured networks and physically wired my playbar into the network. The problem started just today after plugging in the Ethernet.

Audio sometimes takes 60-90 seconds to come on for both Apple TV and Xbox.

Diagnostics: 7872302

Have you in the past configured the SONOS to use your WIFI? if you have you need to undo that because the SONOS will act as a bridge between your WIFI and LAN and cause a network flood...

Just thought I would mention it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I also just flagged you for the beta, Robert_167, go ahead and update.
Wow...thought it was just me! Please Please Please flag my system...7872582
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Wow...thought it was just me! Please Please Please flag my system...7872582
Done.
Thanks...how do i fid the update..I don't see it under online updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks...how do i fid the update..I don't see it under online updates.
Just click Settings > Check for updates or Online Updates, it should be available. Might have taken a minute to push out to you though.
Got it...actually made it worse...now about 90 seconds and anytime i change a channel (where it was just if i switched from Netflix)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Got it...actually made it worse...now about 90 seconds and anytime i change a channel (where it was just if i switched from Netflix)
Sorry to hear that. In that case, it'd be best to work with a technician over the phone. Why don't you give us a call on our support line and a technician will help dig into your network and see what's up.
Hello, I'm not getting sound with Netflix and other apps on my Samsung TV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I just flagged your account for the update brickljt, go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.
I update to 7.4 as well a ago and noticed the sound missing during commercial and a lag to come back on. I sent a diagnostic just a few moments ago. My number is 7872903.
Hey Ryan, have been having the same issues all all. Just submitted the diagnostics 7872929. Would be great if you could push through the update to us too. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
bedix and pdt01, you're both set up for the beta now too. Go ahead and check for updates.
Working great, thanks Ryan for your help.
Thanks Ryan, looks to have fixed the issue!
I just flagged your account for the update brickljt, go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.
That worked, thank you!
I've been having this same issue since I updated to 7.4, this is my diagnostic 7873145. Mainly happens in smart applications
Same issue. Diagnostics # 7873160
Wont play sound on my youtube app with my Samsung TV until I turn it on full blast and wait for it to kick in.
Diagnostic #: 7873231

hallpppp
Update today. Lost sound on my playbar, sub and 2 play 1 room setup.samsung un65ku6290. Playbar wireless connection, wired connection straight to tv.Please help. Diagnostic # 7873325.
Hello, Netflix doesn’t have sound since I updated yesterday. Not sure how to give diagnostics number but would like to try beta! Please!

I use a Samsung smart tv
Please flag system as well. Your confirmation number is: 7873343.
Having the same issue on my samsung tv. Can you please flag my system for the update. Diagnostics: 7873399
My sound drop issues have significantly worsened with this update. I'm having 15-20 second sound drops every 5 minutes as well as minimum 60 seconds for audio to start only when streaming Netflix from the app on my Samsung smart TV. The playbar is wired to my TV and to the Router. I have submitted diagnostics to sonos. My confirmation number is: 7873528
I hope something can be done because this is a huge bummer.
Just updated software again today and it didn't help.
Hi there, also having issues with sound on YouTube app. Diagnostic report number is 7873984.

Thanks
Mike