Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

7865441 toggling night mode off fixes temporarily
I have the same problems like the others with man PLAYBAR und Surround Play 1. Please give me access to the beta. 7865727
I have the same problems like the others with PLAYBAR \ SUB \ Surround Play 1. Please give me access to the beta. 7865793
Thanks Ryan - seems to haver helped to alleviate the pain.
Hi,

I’m having the same problem with youtube and Netflix. My diagnostic number is7866237. Can i please have the update?

Thanks
Me too please submitted confirmation code7866259
This seems to be more of an issue when using online streaming services !!
And a tapping noise ca be heard on play bar/surrounds'
The new download worked for me and now I get sound through my Sonos speakers for all streaming shows. Now if i could just get my speakers to stop popping in and out during regular TV shows I would be happy. I have changed channels and tried to do what has been suggested but it keeps coming back and is totally random. I sent multiple diagnostics to sonos but now can not find the codes to put them on line for someone to look at.
How do I get this latest update ...? Do Sonos send it ?
Me to: 7866247
Same problem here. Just rebooting the playbar fixes the problem temporarily.
Diagnostics: 7866337
Hi Can you please add me to the Beta list. Diagnostic No: 7866704. My situation is the same as Alex Payne. This issue affects both the 'live' sky broadcasts in HD and seemingly any Sky HD recorded programmes. BBC HD channels do not seem to be affected - not sure why. Thanks
Why no link to download the patch ? Would this not be easier for all ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Up to this point everyone in the thread should now be flagged for the beta. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.

Why no link to download the patch ? Would this not be easier for all ?
As a security measure, you can't push any software to Sonos players, the only way for them to get an update is for us to mark your account for a specific build, otherwise, you get the most current release. I'd love for there to be a simpler way to get you all the update, but for now it's all manual flagging by the team.
Up to this point everyone in the thread should now be flagged for the beta. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.

Thanks Ryan! The beta resolved the issue.
I also get unsupported TV audio message. If this is right thread, here is my diagnostic 7867435. I thought it was my router and rebooted system several times. I do have multiple SONOS devices and if only using Playbar and Sub, works ok. But when I add my Play 3s or 5s in the other rooms and use Netflix or Amazon video, I lose audio. I ungroup speakers and turn off TV and Playbar/Sub work again.
For Andy B: As suggested I am posting my Diagnostic 7867666 here for confirmation I am impacted by what this beta may address.

My original posting and problem description here: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/directv-sonos-sound-keeps-dropping-out-6790925/index1.html#post16146468
Same issue here since update to 7.4. My diagnostic number is 7867820. Please flag my system for the beta 7.4.1 update, thanks.
You're flagged for the beta update cyraxchb, go ahead and check now. You should be all set.
Thanks you, Nico R, it works after the beta update.
You're flagged for the beta update cyraxchb, go ahead and check now. You should be all set.
Thanks you, Nico R, it works after the beta update.

I meant to thank Ryan S, sorry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
fredericks and michaelh555 are both flagged for the update now. Go ahead and check in the app.

paul_263, I flagged you for the update too, but you might be experiencing trouble with something else. So if anything comes up after you update, I'd suggest you give us a call on our support line.
Badge
Same here, plz flag me: 7868140
I've been having the same issue and just saw the post about the beta 7.4.1 update. I submitted diagnostics and would like to get the beta update as well. My diagnostics number is 7868158.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
bart.veltman and majgmc, you're both flagged for the beta now. Go ahead and update.
I am having the same. Don't get sound from Netflix and YouTube and needs to power off and on the sound bar to get the sound. My diagnostic # is 7868252
I have been losing the TV audio from my Sonos system (Verizon FIOS provider, Samsung 9500 TV. TV speakers work. This has been happening for about 1 week. I just sent in a diagnosis #7868313 - could I get the Beta download to fix this problem? Thank you!!