Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

same problem when trying to use Hulu on Samsung smart tv. Diagnostic 7862103
Badge +1
Sound of the surrounds drop out for a little while sometimes. It seems totally random.
Didn't happen before.
Changing wireless channel doesn't seem to help.
No devices nearby that could be interfering.

Setup : playbar with 2 play3's as surrounds. Only the sound of the surrounds are affected (at the same time)

Diagnostic 7862161

Please fix, because it's really annoying
Thanks Ryan, that seems to have done the job.
Sound works on chrome cast. On the live tv it will just click and them come on after a while. Smart apps are not working either with clicking. My reference number is 7862594. Thank you
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
There is a delay when I start watching movies on Netflix, and noticed that I hear this pop sound on my local cable TV from my sub, My diagnostic number : 7862637, Thanks in Advance
Issues as well with certain channels . Diagnostic # 7861758
Badge
Diagnostic 7863000 . Just have pause burst when trying to watch dolby digital channels and you tube and bbc i player via apps on samsung ks9000. have playbar, sub and two play 1:s all on tv output

Same performance whether network is hard wired or wifi

Sky + box connected hdmi have to have the hdmi output as normal

samsung tv connected via optical out

I'll happily try a beta as this is driving me insane. Can only listen and watch in stereo. 😞
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same issue here although a hard power reset on the Playbar has restored audio thus far....also, it seems to be Dolby Digital related. When I change my TiVo Roamio to output PCM I don't have an issue....except that the surround is simulated, but that's by design. TV is LG OLED65C7P, surrounds are Play 1s, TiVo is HDMI to TV which is optical to Playbar. Diagnostic #7861924. It was uploaded/shared after the Playbar power was reset which has seemingly corrected the audio problems. The issues were 1. Audio volume levels across channels was significantly different, and 2. Center channel audio seemed significantly lower and jumbled if it was present at all, and 3. It took 15+ seconds to hear any audio at all after a channel change.

Can I make a suggestion? I know your engineers won't want to do it....I am one too... please take your 7.3 bits, update the version to 7.41, and release it until you have this fixed. That is the layman way of getting around the "not being able to downgrade" issue within the system. Your QA department can even do a binary check against 7.3 and ensure that only the version number changed. From the comments above it's been a few weeks and I know you believe customer service is a priority. Anyone else agree?
Same issue here with my Playbar.
Diagnostic 7863268
Here is the diagnosis code for no sound coming through Samsung apps, Amazon, HBO GO, Netflix. 7863242
7864103 LG 55UH850V
No sound on certain channels after system update. My support diagnostic number is 7864444. Please issue me a fix
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, up to here, everyone is now flagged for the beta update. Please go ahead and check for updates, you should have one available.

Issue with Netflix fixed, although there is now a sligh static sound coming from the speakers when nothing is playing through them?
Hi, glad that's fixed, the static sounds shouldn't be related to this at all, but we'd love to take a closer look. I'd advise you give us a call on our support line and work with an agent on it.

Sound of the surrounds drop out for a little while sometimes. It seems totally random.
The diagnostic is showing a good amount of wireless interference that could cause this, but it could be a number of other things. It doesn't look to be related to this issue however, so I'd suggest you give us a call on our support line as well.

Can I make a suggestion? I know your engineers won't want to do it....I am one too... please take your 7.3 bits, update the version to 7.41, and release it until you have this fixed. That is the layman way of getting around the "not being able to downgrade" issue within the system. Your QA department can even do a binary check against 7.3 and ensure that only the version number changed. From the comments above it's been a few weeks and I know you believe customer service is a priority. Anyone else agree?
It's a good suggestion, this issue started coming up with 7.3 software to begin with, it just gained a lot more traction with the change over to 7.4. We'll be getting a full release out soon which will fix the issue for everyone. In the meantime, we have this beta update we're manually applying.
Same problem here. Please flag me for beta update. Support # 7864561. Having a Samsung TV and problems with Amazon Prime and Plex app. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You're flagged for the beta update cyraxchb, go ahead and check now. You should be all set.
Same issues here 7864847.
Thanks
Same issue, no sound with smart apps, but still works with xbox and antenna. Samsung TV, no bridge.
Diagnostics 7864965
Hi shadds, you're all set as well. Steps to update:

From the Sonos App on Your Phone or Tablet, Choose

Settings > Online Updates

Hello pudgalvin and welcome to the Community. It looks like you're having a slightly different issue than the one in this thread but we'd like to make sure. Would you mind sending over one more diagnostic while trying to play a smart app service to the PLAYBAR? Are the smart apps built into the Samsung? What's the model number of the TV?
Sure, diagnostic 7865032, that was done with the amazon prime app playing a show, no sound. As soon as I exit any of the smart apps, Sonos works fine. This started the same day I updated to the latest version. These app are built in to the tv, it's a Samsung UN60HU8550
Hi thanks for the update I have applied it and all is good so far… was on may out the door for work so will have a good look at it when I get home. Thanks
Same problem here. Please flag me for beta update. Support # 7865074. Playing Amazon Prime through a Samsung TV..sound doesn't play for an unspecified time when starting a show.
Same issue here for the past few weeks.

Diagnostic code 7865260

Please add me to the software fix
Normal tv works connected to Comcast box with vizio tv. When playing Netflix from vizio smart tv, no audio.

Diagnostic number: 7848867

I'm not getting the update. Here's the diagnostic number generated: 7865351
I'm having the same issue as well. I just submitted diagnostics. My confirmation number is 7865362.
Samsung TV
I am having the same issues and just happened today. Sounds is not being played through Samsung TV apps (Netflix, YouTube)... Reset everything and speakers are making clicking noise. Sound works using cable and game systems HDMI input. In addition, noise cuts out when watching TV or movie from time to time. Diagnostic information 7865438