Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Doesn't work for me as well.

Just to be sure took another diagnostic 7856997

Is joining the beta program mandator? Went to the process anyways.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You're all set now to update Mindgaze.
Hi, I'm too experiencing intermittent audio drop outs after pausing live tv / playing recorded tv / watching live tv. Started since installing the latest Sonos update. Diagnostics: 7857137
Hi I don't seem to be flagged for the update. Diagnostic 7857222
I have just applied the update and it works well. I can confirm that it plays DD 2.0 and 5.1, earlier I did not get any sound. Diagnostic 7852295. Thank you:)
Please see my diagnostic code 7857369. I'm also having the issue with my playbar that's been reported in the comments.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Gomez101 and Alexander B, you're both flagged now to update.

Your account is flagged for the beta update, but on that last diagnostic your PLAYBAR isn't showing up at all, so there's no device looking to get the update. Make sure your PLAYBAR is powered up and has a solid white light. If you aren't seeing it in your system, try restarting it. If that doesn't do the trick, I'd suggest making a new thread here or giving us a call on our support line.

Samsung 8 series

Same problem with YouTube app

Thanks
Ryan S. That update worked for me, thank you!
Same problem with audio cut off.
I'm having this issue. 7857457. Sony TV (XBR-43X830C). Mainly happens while playing games on xbox one s.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Pdp417 and alexg789, you're both now all set.

pkrsnak, I'll be sending you a PM in a few minutes.
Ryan S, Thank you very much, having performed a quick test following the update all seems to be working 😃
Sound also dropping out since 7.4 update - 7857875
Posted a diagnostic a few days ago, but haven't received the beta update yet so trying again.

Diagnostic: 7857906
Posted diagnostics 7857934 - having the same frustrating drop off issues.
Please help.
Diagnostic Info 7857971
Samsung UN55H6350
TV Provider ATT uverse (fiber)
Diagnostic Code 7857980
Samung UN60JS7000
Wired
Playbar connected to TV via Optical cable
Intermittent Issues when watching TV (some channels have delays before sounds starts, some have no sound, sound was delayed when streaming movie from amazon, then worked fine)
Badge
Similar Issues. Sound cutting out and strange high pitch blips. Mainly happening during HDDVR playback on DirecTV box.

Diagnostic - 7858008
Samsung UN55JU7100
I submitted a diagnostic report #7858007 relative to the "no sound on certain channels after system update today". Please let me know how I can get the latest beta update 7.4.1. My TV is a Samsung UN55KS9000FXZA and is connected to a Playbar, Sub and 2 Play:1's
Diagnostic 7858066. Samsung tv with playbar, sub, and play:1 surround. Playbar is set up with wireless to router and wired to tv.
This is totally unacceptable from Sonos. It's been over a month since this issue was reported and people are still having to seek out this answer rather than an update going out? Very disappointed after spend so much on a system that doesn't even let you stream from other apps and forces you to use their own proprietary garbage and wait updates that might break your system! I work as a project manager and know how obnoxious clients can be about your product but when my company screws up we fix it fast and we don't charge over a grand for our products.

My diagnostic number is 7857873 please push the beta update to me immediately so I can try to enjoy your product.
Just updated to 7.4 and having problems with sound cutting out on playbar (sub and 2 play5 2nd gen surrounds) with Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo connected to Samsung UN65KS8000. No sound everytime a new show start or is paused for about a minute or never comes on. Sometimes just cuts out randomly. Had no issues before update. Please fix

Diagnostic 7858179
Ive not got any update . . submiited my diagnostic number on this thread Saturday I think.
Gomez101 and Alexander B, you're both flagged now to update.

Your account is flagged for the beta update, but on that last diagnostic your PLAYBAR isn't showing up at all, so there's no device looking to get the update. Make sure your PLAYBAR is powered up and has a solid white light. If you aren't seeing it in your system, try restarting it. If that doesn't do the trick, I'd suggest making a new thread here or giving us a call on our support line.

Hi I dont have a Playbar in my setup, also i used to be on the Beta Program and stopped receiving Beta updates after 7.2, why is this?