Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Same problems

Sony 4K

Confirmation 7838642
Problem solved: changed audio from Dolby to PCM
So I called Sonos and they fixed my problem! Yay! Thank you Sonos Customer Tech Support!
Works now, thanks!
Same issue. Only stereo. Sound drops when i switch between tv/netflix/other in tv apps.

#: 7838812
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Tejs Dyrvig Ernst, Ben Austin and goldsmid, you're all flagged for the update now. Thanks for the quick update. Seems to be working. Will post an update if I experience further issues.
Badge
Same issue for me.

Your confirmation number is: 7838940.
Same issue for me. Can you please help? Confirmation number 7838964.
I have the same problem here, with the same version and build no. My diagnostics confirmation number is: 7838973
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi. I've got the problem on the onboard apps on LG 2017 B7 OLED. YouTube primarily but happens for a few seconds on Amazon too.

Please add me to the beta 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Oops my diagnostic is 7839011
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Problem solved: changed audio from Dolby to PCM

That's changing any 5.1 you had to plain stereo. It's a workaround I suppose, but then you won't get surround in movies etc.
Hi all,

I am having the same issue.

Diagnostics #7839481
Using Hisence TV optical cable and mainly happening with Netflix.

Diagnostics #7839481
Hi. Same problem here
Diagnostics 7839522.
Thanks
Phil
Userlevel 1
Same problem, please add me to beta:

Diagnostic #: 7838612

-When Hulu switches from content to ads, no sound, and visa versa
-When Tv antenna switches channels, often certain channels have no audio until sonos rebooted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
popheart, fernandof, khaug2, Wak, 4Horns, josh_29, HoTdiGiT, bignoisebang, TomChaton, Andrewnoob, lukas101082, Chemdream, and philmusic26 are all set for the update.Go ahead and check, you should be all set.

Note for everyone: there's an update for this beta fix that just went out that will change the version type of your PLAYBAR, if you notice the version number has changed, don't worry. You can check under About Sonos to see what the build is, the new version for the PLAYBAR fix is 37245110.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Stupid question: I'm away from home until Tuesday.

Will it still update when I get back, or can I update from outside my network?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Stupid question: I'm away from home until Tuesday.

Will it still update when I get back, or can I update from outside my network?

You'll be just fine. The flag will stay on and the update available until the proper release with the fix built in. If you don't get the beta on Tuesday, you'll get the proper build that goes out to everyone. I don't know when that release is going out yet, so I'm not sure which you'll get on Tuesday.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Lovely. Thanks! Appreciate your help.
I'm having this issue with a Play base also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'm having this issue with a Play base also.
As far as I know, this particular issue hasn't affected any PLAYBASEs, but I'd be happy to take a look at a diagnostic. Can you please follow the steps here to send one and let us know the number?
Hi Sonos,

Since the new Update I have the same problems as everyone else.
Please unlock th patch for me.
I just bought a new TV and the problem now is worser than before. :(
Philips POS9002/12

I use the Plabar with two Play:1 and Sub.
Same problem here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
kschuller and Conneckter, you're both flagged for the beta fix for this issue. Go ahead and check for updates.