Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Beautiful, the tick,tick sound is gone now. Everything is working fine after beta update. Thx.
For Andy B from garydh

Andy, I think that either my original diagnostic submission was corrupted or your team may have mixed up my diagnostic with someone else's. I created a new diagnostic 7831405. It should contain information matching this from About:

Associated ZP: 192.168.0.102
---------------------------------
PLAYBAR: Living Room
Serial Number: 5C-AA-FD-A3-D3-35:0
Version: 7.4 (build 37244160)
Hardware Version: 1.9.1.10-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.102
Audio In: Stereo
WM: 1
OTP:
---------------------------------
SUB: Living Room
Serial Number: 5C-AA-FD-83-1D-C4:E
Version: 7.4 (build 37244160)
Hardware Version: 1.8.2.5-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.104
WM: 2
OTP:

I will copy this to a new thread if you wish. Thanks.
Same issue here, Diagnostic 7831462.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
garydh, you're now flagged for the beta, go ahead and update to test it out.

G Sparks, your system isn't showing the error that we'd expect to see for this issue. I've gone ahead and flagged your system for the update nonetheless, but if you're still having trouble I'd recommend making a new thread and explaining what you're seeing so we can take a closer look.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I've flagged you for the update too. Go ahead and check now, you should see one available.
I'be updated the play bar software to 7.4.1 but I still haven't got any sound on BBC2 and channel 5. Does anybody have any other ideas?
7.4.1 brought my audio back on Netflix and Amazon. Thanks a bunch for your help.
I've flagged you for the update too. Go ahead and check now, you should see one available.

7.4 and YouTube and streaming off my server perfectly, no sound issues. Thanks
Same issues
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I'be updated the play bar software to 7.4.1 but I still haven't got any sound on BBC2 and channel 5. Does anybody have any other ideas?
Mind sending a diagnostic when this is happening?
Pls beta update as problems with Dolby 5.1 and no sound on hd channels. Using sub, playbar, 2x play 1. My submission number 7831809. Rgds seb
I've got this issue as well for my brand new Playbar and Sub. Diagnostic number 7831861.
Same issue - 7831876
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
dseward, bastecio75, mc1000, and hakanlarsson you've been flagged for the update too, go ahead and check now.
dseward, bastecio75, mc1000, and hakanlarsson you've been flagged for the update too, go ahead and check now. Worked fine, thanks.
Same issue when watching Netflix:

Thanks
This is happening when I select BBC 2 HD or channel 5. All other channels seem to be fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue when watching Netflix:
Go ahead and update, you're all set now.

This is happening when I select BBC 2 HD or channel 5. All other channels seem to be fine.
Can you send a new diagnostic when playing from those channels? I'll take a look.
Sorry I'm not exactly sure what your asking me to do.
Same annoying clicking sound and audio cut outs! Please fix!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Sorry I'm not exactly sure what your asking me to do.
Just go ahead and play one of those channels, when you're not hearing any audio, please submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and post your confirmation number.

Same annoying clicking sound and audio cut outs! Please fix!

Go ahead and check for updates.
Badge
Andy B. Thanks. I have a Samsung 65" UN65MU8000FXZA w 'one connect' feature. Just got the tv new 2 weeks ago; sonos previously on another Samsung smart tv w no problems. I have playbar w optical audio cable to the one connect. Have multiple play1 and play3 speakers throughout the house. All on same network. Does that help?
Fingers crossed that's done and the number is 7832186. Many thanks
I get the ticking and no other sound when using Youtube app on Samsung TV after latest update.
Diagnostic #7832152
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Fingers crossed that's done and the number is 7832186. Many thanks
Thanks. It looks like you're not getting the error for this issue, which is a good sign that the update is working properly, but something else is coming up. We'd like to get a closer look at your system, so if you have some time could you please give us a call on our support line?

Andy B. Thanks. I have a Samsung 65" UN65MU8000FXZA w 'one connect' feature. Just got the tv new 2 weeks ago; sonos previously on another Samsung smart tv w no problems. I have playbar w optical audio cable to the one connect. Have multiple play1 and play3 speakers throughout the house. All on same network. Does that help?
Thanks, it'd be best to do the same as we suggested with G Sparks. Let's take a look at this live over the phone. You can find our contact details here.