Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Same issue. Noticed immediately with the TV sound after the upgrade two days ago.
Diagnostic 7756428
Playbar wireless with optical connection to tv (have not touched or upgrade the wire or tv since the upgrade)
Have subwoofer and 2 play 1's
Hear clicking at times. Several second delay in sound when changing channels and sometimes fast forwarding or pausing tv playback.
Samsung tv
Extremely frustrating!!!!!
I installed the update tonight and the sound stops on my TV about every half hour. Also two of my speakers did not get recognized on the system.
Badge
Come on Sonos, this is appalling, it's been nearly 3 days!
I have a £2k surround system that's 3 weeks old completely dead because of your incompetence.
No contact from support after 48 hours of reporting issue to them.
I understand that issues like this can happen, but what defines a company when issues like this happens, is how they deal with it, unfortunately, Sonos have let themselves down here.

I expected better.
Samsung KS8500
Wifi
TV via optical
Certain Channels through Satellite Box and Netflix

Diagnostic Number: 7756595
Why can't we roll back to the previous soft ware version as a temporary fix?
Same problem has just started for me. Did the update to 7.4 yesterday and now sound is not working on channels which require anything other than stereo (music is working fine).

When I put it on a dolby channel (such a Netflix or through my Freeview box) I get no sound but clicking through the surround speakers.

Whats the make/model of your TV: Samsung UE49KS8000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wired
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Optical from TV to Playbar (Netflix is app on tv so no separate box)
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix: The source doesn't matter, app on tv or separate box, if the audio is anything other than normal stereo I get no sound and just clicking.

Diagnostic: 7756815

😠
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Should Sonos not be discouraging people with 5.1 set ups not to do the update until this 7.4 software issue is fixed or am I been completely naive?
Sonos please provide instructions on how to roll back to 7.3 because right now there are a large group of users who cannot use their systems.

I am also facing this issue and have provided diagnostics on request of the support team with no update since.
Sonos please provide instructions on how to roll back to 7.3 because right now there are a large group of users who cannot use their systems.

I am also facing this issue and have provided diagnostics on request of the support team with no update since.

I asked sonos support last night if we can roll back and was told it's not possible
Same problem here. I did a factory reset on all speakers in my Sonos 5.1 setup which seems to have helped for now but I suspect it will come back. Clearly caused by the latest update which is frustrating because it didn't obviously add any features or bug fixes I noticed or would care about.
make/model of TV.....Samsung UN65JS9000FXZA
PLAYBAR is wired to network.
PLAYBAR is wired to TV via Tivo box.
PLAYBAR is experiencing issues when watching TV. The Tivo audio was set to Dolby Audio, but because of the 7.4 upgrade I had to reset to PCM to get steady and constant Audio to tv

diagnostic number is 7747811
Userlevel 1
Badge
Has anyone been contacted by SONOS with an update after submitting your diagnostic? It's been a couple of days now since I've submitted and radio silence since...
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
None
Just tried a factory reset - everything now appears to be working properly for the first time since the update. Fingers crossed it lasts...
Whats the make/model of your TV: Samsung UN65F8000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wireless (Boost connected to Router)
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Playbar is connected via optical cable to Monprice HDMI switch optical out. TV is connected to Monoprice HDMI switch via HDMI cable to ARC input.
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix: No Dolby digital audio when using native Samsung smart apps (Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc.) nor Roku Ultra apps. Sonos app shows Playbar Audio In: "Silent" and I can hear some slight audio clicking sounds. If audio source is switched to stereo, then sound is output. All 5.1 and DD 2.0 sources worked properly prior to the update last night. All Sonos units and network devices have assigned MAC address reservations, so there should be no IP address conflict.

Diagnostic: 7758654
Hi,

I have the same problem since the latest update. Sounds keeps dropping on tv while switching channels or switching inputs. I have a sonos player wired through optical to samsung 4k LED TV and both are connected to wifi network on wireless.
This problem wasn't before the latest sonos app update to 7.4.

please resolve urgently as we're unable to watch tv after this update and given that all are hard wired its difficult to rejig settings all over again. Can we roll back this recent update as everyone has requested . Clearly looks like a problem with the optical handshake portion as the system works fine while streaming music and only gives issue on the optical output.
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.
Same problem. Sort this sonos this is appalling service! Why can't I just roll back to previous version?
Same problem as soon as the update implemented. Playbar, Sub, 2 x Play 1's in home theater set-up. Full factory reset of all speakers did not solve, happened again immediately. Only way to help seems to be turning TV settings from Dolby Digital to PCM. This update was tested right?!

Whats the make/model of your TV: Samsung UE40D7000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wirelessly
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Optical from TV to Playbar

Diagnostic: 7758743
775806 send today, my tv samsung 8 serious, playbar connection through optical cable, after software update, there is no sound , pls act immediately, many people have same problem, still u r not rectify, this is definitely a software problem,
Userlevel 2
Badge
Going into the weekend without any news from Sonos, ouch. I'm also surprised by the lack of support, I thought better of Sonos. Never had a problem until this point, but this is a bad one. Not very fun walking downstairs to an irritated wife and a 2 year old repeating "uh oh" over and over because they can't get the sound working on their favorite bean bag dance video (don't ask!) :8
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Sonos just isn't that quick on the forums. I would recommend you over to their Twitter feed or calling in to get the quickest response. It'll be much better than here.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Sonos just isn't that quick on the forums. I would recommend you over to their Twitter feed or calling in to get the quickest response. It'll be much better than here. Hi I think we need to raise the profile of the issue via social media Twitter and Facebook and on any AV forums. I passed on the issue via Twitter tto two tech journalists today who have asked for further information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, thanks for posting the great details and diagnostics, that helps us narrow down what you’re seeing and investigate it on our end.

We’ve been looking into some trouble affecting certain systems and I can see that some of you are experiencing it. This doesn't affect all PLAYBARs, but we're actively investigating and working to get it resolved. We’ll be putting together support tickets for you with our team, for those of you who don’t have one already. You'll be getting an email through there when it's resolved and we'll also update you here.

We do need a diagnostic to confirm what you’re experiencing. If you haven’t sent a diagnostic in yet, please do follow these steps and let us know the number.

We appreciate your patience while we get this sorted. We’ll let you know when we have more details to share.
We’ve been looking into some trouble affecting certain systems and I can see that some of you are experiencing it. This doesn't affect all PLAYBARs, but we're actively investigating and working to get it resolved. We’ll be putting together support tickets for you with our team, for those of you who don’t have one already. You'll be getting an email through there when it's resolved and we'll also update you here.

I went through Twitter and they got back to me with a support ticket after submitting diagnostics, etc. In the same message it says to call support to look further into it. Is there any point in doing so? Am I just better off waiting as per above?