Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
craig644, targo98, Vanderwoude, bjud, Phazor, Mr Seamaster, Roan, chewydean, sj0er, and Ames your systems have been flagged for the beta. Please update when ready.

Rockhardinafunkyplace sorry we missed your initial post. Your system has been flagged for the beta as well.

CosmicThomas your diagnostic wasn't readable. Can you please submit another one and post the new number here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Personally, as much as people often comment on the great support Sonos provide I think it really depends on the type of support you're looking for.
There is a MASSIVE disconnect between 'support' and dev and I can personally attest to many issues, both in prod and beta, that are simply ignored or closed without much or any actual dialogue - and certainly the content of the official release notes have been hugely questionable/selective at best.
Whether it's the new support 'social media' support model I don't know but there are far more threads completely ignored here now by 'official' Sonos and are just no longer commented on.
Badge
Thanks Andy I've just updated and things seem to be behaving like normal now! Ace service to complement ace tech 🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details everyone. As of now, everyone posted above me here has had a ticket created for them. You'll be getting an email as soon as this has been resolved with details on what you'll need to do.

Again, thanks for your patience everyone.
Hi,
I'm experiencing no sound, only a clicking noise from surround speakers (PLAY:1) after the 7.4 update

1. When Night Sound and Speech enhancement are NOT activated there's a lag for about 3-5 seconds until sound start working.
  2. When either Night Sound, Speech Enhancement or both are enabled I've waited for approx. 120 seconds and still no sound.
  3. When there's "No Sound" and I disable Night Sound and Speech Enhancement then the sound comes on after 10-20 seconds.
  4. When switching audio output from TV to PCM the sound is working as before the 7.4 update.

• Whats the make/model of your TV? Samsung UE75KS8005
  • Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network? Wired
  • Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? TV
  • Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Issues both when watching TV and 3rd party apps that uses Dolby Digital.

Diagnostic number: 7749938

/Stefan
I'm having the same issue after the update.

TV: Sony XBR-X850C Android tv running latest firmware
Playbar and 2 play 1's setup wirelessly with the BOOST
The playbar is plugged directly into my tv via Optical
Diagnostic 7751366

I can confirm what a previous poster mentioned about Netflix and amazon apps built into the tv and the Night Mode/speech enhancement features. I've noticed that if I disable night mode and speech enhancement and then start the video I can then enable both of those features and I don't have any issues just as long as I don't PAUSE or STOP the video after starting it. If the video is paused or stopped I have to disable the speech / night mode features, start the video again and then re-enable both of the features to continue using them because if I don't do this then I have LARGE delays on the audio starting to play like other posters have mentioned. The problems ONLY arise when I have those features enabled and then try to start a netflix / amazon movie that has 5.1 audio. If I manually switch the audio on the netflix stream to 'English' (not 5.1) the audio can play without issue with the night mode and speech enhancement features enabled. Like previous posters mentioned, if I switch my tv to use PCM, the issue is gone completely. The interesting thing is, this only seems to be an issue with Amazon/Netflix. If I launch KODI on my tv and try to play literally ANYTHING, it works without a problem with these 2 features enabled (night mode/speech enhancement). I also don't see the issue with the Android Youtube app on my tv. This is clearly a software bug... hopefully Sonos knocks this out soon because this is very very bad... QA/beta testers should have caught this in their testing before releasing this update to the masses....
If you'd like to be part of the solution to the issue, I'd highly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. I'd also include in your post here what kind of TV you have, and the source that you're having an issue, be it cable box (what kind), DVD/Blueray player, or Game Console. It wouldn't hurt to be specific about what channel and what show, if that is convenient. It might help them figure out this issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Didn't get diagnostic in my first post and wasn't formatted as requested so here it is:

Sound not working or frequently failing on some media - maybe related to Dolby Digital as that is the audio output setting I use on Roku.

Whats the make/model of your TV: LG OLED65B6P
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: WIRELESS
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box - OPTICAL to TV then TV is HDMI to Roku Ultra
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix - Haven't seen on Cable box which is also attached thru HDMI, issue I've seen is primarily on the Roku Ultra especially with Plex and MLS Live.

Had no issues before 7.4 firmware.

Diagnostic 7754310
Same issue following 7.4 update. This problem was in one of the latest betas before this release.

Playbar connected to network wirelessly but connected to tv via optical cable. TV plays sound from sky hd+ that works fine. No apps on the tv play sound. No Netflix, amazon prime or BBC iPlayer. Some issue using apps on bluray player or PlayStation. There is no sound from sub or playbar the two play1s just make a small phut phut noise.

The to is a Sony kdll 55/905a

Problem only showed up after 7.4.

Diagnostic 7750318
Same problem after updating to 7.4 clicking from speakers with no sound from several Apps (Netflix etc.) & GetBox om my Samsung ks8000 TV

Diagnostic number 7787373
Same problem has just started for me. Did the update to 7.4 yesterday and now sound is not working on channels which require anything other than stereo (music is working fine).

When I put it on a dolby channel (such a Netflix or through my Freeview box) I get no sound but clicking through the surround speakers.

Whats the make/model of your TV: Samsung UE49KS8000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wired
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Optical from TV to Playbar (Netflix is app on tv so no separate box)
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix: The source doesn't matter, app on tv or separate box, if the audio is anything other than normal stereo I get no sound and just clicking.

Diagnostic: 7756815

😠
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Should Sonos not be discouraging people with 5.1 set ups not to do the update until this 7.4 software issue is fixed or am I been completely naive?
Sonos please provide instructions on how to roll back to 7.3 because right now there are a large group of users who cannot use their systems.

I am also facing this issue and have provided diagnostics on request of the support team with no update since.
Sonos please provide instructions on how to roll back to 7.3 because right now there are a large group of users who cannot use their systems.

I am also facing this issue and have provided diagnostics on request of the support team with no update since.

I asked sonos support last night if we can roll back and was told it's not possible
Same problem here. I did a factory reset on all speakers in my Sonos 5.1 setup which seems to have helped for now but I suspect it will come back. Clearly caused by the latest update which is frustrating because it didn't obviously add any features or bug fixes I noticed or would care about.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
None
Same problem. Sort this sonos this is appalling service! Why can't I just roll back to previous version?
Same problem as soon as the update implemented. Playbar, Sub, 2 x Play 1's in home theater set-up. Full factory reset of all speakers did not solve, happened again immediately. Only way to help seems to be turning TV settings from Dolby Digital to PCM. This update was tested right?!

Whats the make/model of your TV: Samsung UE40D7000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: Wirelessly
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box: Optical from TV to Playbar

Diagnostic: 7758743
775806 send today, my tv samsung 8 serious, playbar connection through optical cable, after software update, there is no sound , pls act immediately, many people have same problem, still u r not rectify, this is definitely a software problem,
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Sonos just isn't that quick on the forums. I would recommend you over to their Twitter feed or calling in to get the quickest response. It'll be much better than here.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Sonos just isn't that quick on the forums. I would recommend you over to their Twitter feed or calling in to get the quickest response. It'll be much better than here. Hi I think we need to raise the profile of the issue via social media Twitter and Facebook and on any AV forums. I passed on the issue via Twitter tto two tech journalists today who have asked for further information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You're all set now to update Mindgaze.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
mferrando, and SaucyJack, you're both set up for the beta now. Go ahead and check for updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey, i'm new here and have the same problem when i start amazon. How can i also get the 7.4.1 version. Btw, i' m from germany.

Kman, I think you need to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, so the folks at Sonos can flag your account.
What Bruce said. Go ahead and send in a diagnostic, let us know the number, and I'll check to make sure you're right for the update. jtimilex, same for you too. We just need to check the diagnostics for a few things before we can apply the update.

I've confirmed the case for you and added the update to your systems, woobags, ahwootton, stevicus, harald_1. Go ahead and check for updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Good morning everyone. As of now, everyone in the thread should be flagged for the beta update. You should have one waiting for you when you check for updates in the Sonos app. Our apologies for the delay and the trouble. Let us know if anything else comes up.