Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Diagnostic 7753678
The response from Sonos to this issue has been appalling no apology and no confirmed date for rectifying the software failure. I am going to contact John Archer and post on the AV forums to get some AV media interest in this issue.

Yawn.

This happens to a few users every update because their router has crashed or rebooted and thus lost track of assigned IP adresses, resulting in duplicates. It is easily rectified by a network refresh, and ultimately curable by reseriving IP adresses in the router setup. Nothing Sonos can do about either, so unless you think "A Few Sonos Customers Have Wonky Networks!" is a click driving headline, I'd hold off on the silly name-dropping and threats.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
The response from Sonos to this issue has been appalling no apology and no confirmed date for rectifying the software failure. I am going to contact John Archer and post on the AV forums to get some AV media interest in this issue.

Yawn.

This happens to a few users every update because their router has crashed or rebooted and thus lost track of assigned IP adresses, resulting in duplicates. It is easily rectified by a network refresh, and ultimately curable by reseriving IP adresses in the router setup. Nothing Sonos can do about either, so unless you think "A Few Sonos Customers Have Wonky Networks!" is a click driving headline, I'd hold off on the silly name-dropping and threats.
if it thst easy then I would appreciate Sonos just sending us all a short e mail outlining the procedure we need to undertake to rectify the issue or providing a similar explanation that you have provided. I have invested heavily in Sonos products and this failure is my first issue with the products since 2010.
Refresh your network by rebooting all network devices; router first, then hubs and switches, then Sonos, computers, printers, mobile devices, etc. Let each finish before moving on to the next.

As for reserving IP adresses, each router is different. Consult your router's manual.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Refresh your network by rebooting all network devices; router first, then hubs and switches, then Sonos, computers, printers, mobile devices, etc. Let each finish before moving on to the next.

As for reserving IP adresses, each router is different. Consult your router's manual.

Oh great, a Helpful Harold with the confident & smug "yawn" and the "just reboot your router" fix, despite not having any idea what the problem is. Weird, I've never had to reboot my router to resolve a Sonos specific issue before - and I beta test for both Linksys and Netgear. Refreshing the network didn't help....so much for that. Maybe, based on how many people are posting here....it is a new issue?
I have no sound at all as well. Very frustrating. I am skeptical every time there is an update and for good reason.

I have a playbar hard wired. With 2 surrounds (I'm hearing the click sound too).

Diagnostic:7754123.
Userlevel 1

Yawn.

How does ip addressing impact DD 5.1 not being present, or dropping out when accessed? I can see how Sonos could be unavailable completely following an update, but that isnt the case here. We can play music fine through Sonos, and anything as Stereo. But anything Dolby 2.0 or 5.1 seem to be giving a great many a lot of problems since the 7.4 upgrade where previously everything worked.
I'm having the same issue after the update.

TV = Samsung JU7100
Playbar and 2 Play1 set-up together via Sonos Boost. Sonos set-up wired to TV.

No sound with original TV settings of HDMI = Bitstream and Audio Out = Dolby Digital. This setting provided me w/ Dolby Digital 5.1 for everything (Netflix, Blu-Ray, Cable).

The only way I can get sound to work is changing both settings to PCM which only provides Stereo.

Same thing here after the recent upgrade. Looks like optical handshaking is messed up.
Where all senior developers and test engineers on holiday sonos? Looks like an agile sprint had to be delivered by interns or some sort of junior personnel. Diagnostics code 7754251.
If you'd like to be part of the solution to the issue, I'd highly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. I'd also include in your post here what kind of TV you have, and the source that you're having an issue, be it cable box (what kind), DVD/Blueray player, or Game Console. It wouldn't hurt to be specific about what channel and what show, if that is convenient. It might help them figure out this issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Didn't get diagnostic in my first post and wasn't formatted as requested so here it is:

Sound not working or frequently failing on some media - maybe related to Dolby Digital as that is the audio output setting I use on Roku.

Whats the make/model of your TV: LG OLED65B6P
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network: WIRELESS
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box - OPTICAL to TV then TV is HDMI to Roku Ultra
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix - Haven't seen on Cable box which is also attached thru HDMI, issue I've seen is primarily on the Roku Ultra especially with Plex and MLS Live.

Had no issues before 7.4 firmware.

Diagnostic 7754310
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
If you'd like to be part of the solution to the issue, I'd highly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. I'd also include in your post here what kind of TV you have, and the source that you're having an issue, be it cable box (what kind), DVD/Blueray player, or Game Console. It wouldn't hurt to be specific about what channel and what show, if that is convenient. It might help them figure out this issue.
Hi
I have PCM stereo only and no DD 5.1 since the 7.4 update n Tuesday.I use a Sky Q silver box and no channels are working in 5.1 or 2.0. I get no sound at all if the TV (Samsung ks7000/8000) is using Bitstream that is required to access the 5.1 DD pass through. On internal apps e.g. Netflix I can use Bitstream and have 5.1 access but there is now a delay of about 2 minutes before the sound comes on.
Userlevel 2
Come on Sonos...., lets have some acknowledgement!!!!! What's happening :@:@:@ All we need is an acknowledgement that the update has a bearing, and an indication of what's happening 😠
Tv make/model : Samsung UE46F8000
PLAYBAR is wirelessly connected to network. I have a Sonos boost
Playbar is connected to tv via toslink
It seems to click on all channels that are broadcast in HE-AAC 5.1 when “digital out” is set to “Dolby digital”; this was fine before the 7.4 update
I haven’t tried internal apps
Diagnostic Id : 7754552
Same issue following 7.4 update. This problem was in one of the latest betas before this release.

Playbar connected to network wirelessly but connected to tv via optical cable. TV plays sound from sky hd+ that works fine. No apps on the tv play sound. No Netflix, amazon prime or BBC iPlayer. Some issue using apps on bluray player or PlayStation. There is no sound from sub or playbar the two play1s just make a small phut phut noise.

The to is a Sony kdll 55/905a

Problem only showed up after 7.4.

Diagnostic 7750318
Sound takes a long time to come through when changing channels or using YouTube app. Sometimes doesn't work at all and have to flick channels around before it starts working again. This was only a problem after 7.4 update yesterday.
Sub connected to Ethernet.
Playbar connected to TV using optical. Samsung UE55MU7000 TV.

Diagnostic 7755485
Same problem here. Working fine until system update today.

TV: Samsung KS7000
System: Playbar, sub, 2xPlay 1
Playbar connection: wireless to bridge, toshlink from tv
Diagnostic: 7755546

No sound on some channels from SkyQ silver box other than clicking from surround, Audio in is shown as 'Pause Burst' when this happens.
Sometimes sound comes on after 30s or more.

I've been close to ditching this system for sometime to something that supports DTS and Dolby Atmos and now can't even get Dolby digital to work properly on a £1500+ system! I certainly won't be expanding to other rooms if Sonos continue to refuse to support these formats.
information

Diagnostic number: 7755846

• Samsung UKS7000 4K TV
  • wired via optical
  • wired to TV
  • experiencing delay issues when watching TV, Netflix app doesn't make any sound at all. YouTube app has long delay at the start of each new video and ad and periodic dropouts.
Same issue after 7.4 update, this is ridiculous!!!! What is going on SONOS??????
There were intermitant cutouts over the past few weeks.

All these issues below started with the most recent update.

Whats the make/model of your TV?
Samsung 9000 Series

Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
Wirelessly connected using Sonos wireless router

Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
Connected to the TV output smartbox (box that accepts and distributes all connections)

Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?
So far, using the dish tv but only on certain channels. And it does not matter if it's live or a recording being played back.

Diagnostics with ticking on dish channel 386: Your confirmation number is: 7756250
No sounds but ticking

Diagnostics with sound after changing to other dish channel 380: Your confirmation number is: 7756252
Normal sounds

Looking forward to a rapid response team correction. I'd say it's either a coding issue or the attempt to begin integration of Alexa or other smart IoT subject matter.
Whats the make/model of your TV? Samsung un65ks8500
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network? Wirelessly but connected to the tv via optical
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Connected to the tv via optical
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? No sound unless I have PCM turned on but this only applies to watching tv from my X1 cable box. There’s no sound when I try to watch anything on Hulu, Netflix, etc

Diag. #7756264

I had no issues prior to this update.....
I’m experiencing the same issue.
Tv: Visio M65-D0
Connection: playbar is wired to the router and connected to the tv through optical cable.

There is only audio with PCM. If set to Dolby, Sonos shows silence in the app.

Diagnostics: 7756278
Sony xbr 55a1e wired Ethernet playbar with optical connection to tv. diagnostic 7756317 also only with Dolby digital
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sony 49x850b
Comcasrt
Audio loss and clicking
Hi,

I have been using Sonos play bar and subwoofer for almost 2 years now. Yesterday evening, I did a software upgrade and post that the audio has not been playing. I want to clarify that the audio works for the cable channels however for applications like YouTube, internet TV or anything else it stops working.

I have a Samsung smart TV for which I use Sonos as a home theatre.

Incident: 170825-000007
Badge +2
Same issue here on a Samsung TV paired with a playbar, sub, and (2) play 3s. I have been using it perfectly for quite some time now and all of a sudden after the update certain channels are just clicks for audio. Works on PCM with only stereo sound but anything 5.1 it stops working and goes to burst. I am not happy about this at and it needs to be addressed asap.

TV model- Samsung UN65JS8500

CABLE BOX COMPANY - SPECTRUM

Diagnostic- 7756432