Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Userlevel 3
It seems I am not the only one commenting that their playbar no longer outputs sound when switching to certain channels on their TV. I have the same issue but when I change the source to PCM from Dolby Digital it starts working immediately. I've submitted diagnostics for anyone clever enough to examine 7747073. It started happening after a software &a firmware update yesterday. Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
mrdrprofessor, DanaJohnFlows, ashkaan14, e_ranon, Kodiak5545, ray1016, thebeck9, MickT, rpwise, chrispana, DD2017, brianodonnell2005, ocliang, and Dyn Tawel you've all been flagged for the beta, please update when ready.

justinjames - Here are the instructions for submitting a diagnostic.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Yes I noticed the clicking sounds from the surrounds
Try turning off the sub and surrounds and then back on from the iOS or Android controller
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I was able to have the update pushed to my playbar in an hour by contacting sonos via Facebook messenger - sent the message @ 9:45 EST, issue resolved by 10:45 EST. Sonos customer service is top notch!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I now have sound via Playbar but only after setting my Tv to PCM that will mean no 5.1 DD. This was the key purpose for buying 2 Sonos 5.1 set ups and buying 2 samsung TVs that did 5.1 pass through. Sonos you better fix this issue that was caused by a fault within your software upgrade. Not happy.
Badge
Come on Sonos, this is appalling, it's been nearly 3 days!
I have a £2k surround system that's 3 weeks old completely dead because of your incompetence.
No contact from support after 48 hours of reporting issue to them.
I understand that issues like this can happen, but what defines a company when issues like this happens, is how they deal with it, unfortunately, Sonos have let themselves down here.

I expected better.
Userlevel 3
As the originator of the thread I'd just like to say thank you for this beta fix, it worked a treat. I understand these things can happen even with beta testing etc etc and it is nice to see a pretty quick turnaround on a major issue.
Why can't we roll back to the previous soft ware version as a temporary fix?
The delay in fixing this issue is inexcusable. F'n ridiculous, really.
Hi,

I have the same problem since the latest update. Sounds keeps dropping on tv while switching channels or switching inputs. I have a sonos player wired through optical to samsung 4k LED TV and both are connected to wifi network on wireless.
This problem wasn't before the latest sonos app update to 7.4.

please resolve urgently as we're unable to watch tv after this update and given that all are hard wired its difficult to rejig settings all over again. Can we roll back this recent update as everyone has requested . Clearly looks like a problem with the optical handshake portion as the system works fine while streaming music and only gives issue on the optical output.
Thanks for the update Ryan. That fixed the problem.
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon.

WOW. That is tremendously disappointing to hear. Sonos was informed of the issue and did nothing and now thousands of people are affected by this bug. Really unfortunate.... After all, isn't this what the beta testing is meant to prevent?
hclax24, Bren, cendme1, Si Reading, Neil_10, and Drboom11 (sorry I missed your initial post), you've all been flagged for the beta, please update your system when you have a moment. Thanks Andy B great service, system is back up and running with all the old apps. 🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
eatockj, Lifeonmove, jmorelli18, and aristarcus, you should be all set now, go ahead and check for updates.
"cjinfantino wrote:
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon."

Jeez, this is a total disaster Sonos. Sounds like there were chances for this fiasco to be averted prior to going live, but you took the risk with 7.4 nonetheless. No meaningful communication from you guys makes me wonder if you're even prioritising a fix. You've been aware of this problem since beta testing and yet you act like the issue is new.

The simple solution is to allow people to revert back to 7.3. Doesn't take a bunch of geniuses on large salaries to figure that out. The clicking sound is driving me insane!

What do we have to do to get this resolved? Post this thread on twitter?

Diagnostic 7770299
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Up to this point everyone in the thread should now be flagged for the beta. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.

Why no link to download the patch ? Would this not be easier for all ?
As a security measure, you can't push any software to Sonos players, the only way for them to get an update is for us to mark your account for a specific build, otherwise, you get the most current release. I'd love for there to be a simpler way to get you all the update, but for now it's all manual flagging by the team.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
"cjinfantino wrote:
I reported this issue last month in this incident (170728-000818) when I was running the beta version of 7.4. No resolution was found since I received an RMA. I sincerely hope this is fixed soon."

Jeez, this is a total disaster Sonos. Sounds like there were chances for this fiasco to be averted prior to going live, but you took the risk with 7.4 nonetheless. No meaningful communication from you guys makes me wonder if you're even prioritising a fix. You've been aware of this problem since beta testing and yet you act like the issue is new.

The simple solution is to allow people to revert back to 7.3. Doesn't take a bunch of geniuses on large salaries to figure that out. The clicking sound is driving me insane!

What do we have to do to get this resolved? Post this thread on twitter?

Diagnostic 7770299
I think your right the best idea is to raise the profile with AV journalists and media and post on Twitter/ Facebook and on Av community forums
The response to date from Sonos has been terrible not even an apology.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Vman6985, Robert_155, JeffreyMelo, Akashyap934, Its Barb here, bjosko, Mat_F, andy-cross, and Martin_28 I've flagged your systems, please update when ready.

targo98 can you submit another diagnostic right after you hear audio drops and then post the number here?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
We now have sound problems with TV and have submitted a diagnostic since updating Sonos app to V7.4
We have no sound from terrestrial TV or any app on the TV (Samsung 46F8000) when the the TV is set to output Dolby 5:1.
If I set the TV sound output to PCM, we have sound. Our SKY Q box is connected to TV via HDMI and is NOT affected.
This is unacceptable having bought a Sonos surround sound system.
I am still within the 100 days since I bought the Sonos gear, so it may be going back!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
mistakes happen its how you handle them that matters.....5+days and no formal communication or fix =bad
Tell me, what is this then:

Hi everyone, thanks for posting the great details and diagnostics, that helps us narrow down what you’re seeing and investigate it on our end.

We’ve been looking into some trouble affecting certain systems and I can see that some of you are experiencing it. This doesn't affect all PLAYBARs, but we're actively investigating and working to get it resolved. We’ll be putting together support tickets for you with our team, for those of you who don’t have one already. You'll be getting an email through there when it's resolved and we'll also update you here.

We do need a diagnostic to confirm what you’re experiencing. If you haven’t sent a diagnostic in yet, please do follow these steps and let us know the number.

We appreciate your patience while we get this sorted. We’ll let you know when we have more details to share.

So, what do you expect them to do, begging forgiveness?
That was 3 days ago and the list of people affected continues to grow....opps we made a mistake will get back to eventually doesn't cut it.......at least not for me. If your happy with how this is being handled then respect others who are not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I've gone ahead and flagged both of you for the beta fix, sweetenilorac and danielkrice. The team's working on getting the full release pushed out to everyone, but they're doing some final tests on it to make sure. I don't have an official release date for that release, but believe me, we're pushing for it to be as soon as possible.
@ smilja Advocating for a company that rolled out a known bug, HASN'T so far officially apologised nor offered a rough time plan for fixing this does not remedy the situation either. These are £1000+ products not a £5 chinese speaker from ebay. Your comments are a bit misplaced, just respect others as already mentioned.

Worth mentioning I own a Philips TV so not just Samsung/Lg/Sonys
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi janesp73 and ChillinD,

I've flagged your accounts so you should have a new update available. Please update your systems and let me know if any issues continue.
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all again. The team's already identified the issue and is working on a solution right now. We're going through and setting up tickets for everyone in the thread at the moment (not done with everyone yet). When the fix is ready to go we'll be emailing everyone with an incident, so you'll see that as soon as there's word, it won't be long.

In the mean time, we appreciate your patience while we get this tested and sorted out.

If the problem was so easily identified why was it not fixed when it was reported during beta?????
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You are set to update Dcc and llanellijack.