Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Broken sound on my Playbar too. Sent diagnostics #7780285. Please help!!
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.im experiencing the same problems , no sound or popping sound on netflix or when strea
ming sky go through ps3 i have playbar , sub and 2 play ones set up in living room submitted diagnostic 7775777. Hope it gets sorted soon
Hi, I received an app update today which also updated all the speakers software to v7.4 build 37244160. Since the update certain channels from my Sky HD box, such as Sky News & ITV4 take 60 secs+ for the sound to start. Other channels, BBC1 for example, the sound is present as soon as you switch to the channel. Nothing else has been changed in the setup. Any ideas before I start pulling leads. At the moment the playbar gets its optical from the TV, which has an HDMI source from the Sky box.im experiencing the same problems , no sound or popping sound on netflix or when strea
ming sky go through ps3 i have playbar , sub and 2 play ones set up in living room submitted diagnostic 7775777. Hope it gets sorted soon
sorry forgot to mention playbar connected from sony tv with optical.
Same issue here soundbar through optical to a sony tv with sub and 2 play 1s submitted diagnostic 7775777. Unfortunately had to watch GOT through poxy tv speakers ....not happy , please sonos sort this out my system is useless at the minute.
Same issue here soundbar through optical to a sony tv with sub and 2 play 1s submitted diagnostic 7775777. Unfortunately had to watch GOT through poxy tv speakers ....not happy , please sonos sort this out my system is useless at the minute.
Come on sonos your not covering yourself in glory here ......nearly £2000 worth of useless surround sound system sat just gathering dust for another day ?
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Update worked great for me!
Hi, got the same problem impacting Freeview HD channels played over the air in the UK.
TV: Sony 46W905A
Diagnostics: 7780605

Fix or just Beta please..
Im still waiting for the update but good to know it works.
I have the same problem, i signed up for the beta program but it doesn't seem to be available yet. how can i get the update? Already submitted my diagnostics
having the same issue #7780735

Please send link for 7.4.1

thanks!
I have the same issue, can I please get the the beta update

Your confirmation number is: 7780730
Updated to 7.4 last week and experience TV sound issues too.
Joined Beta and submitted diagnostics.

TV: Sony KD55X9005C (PLAYBAR Boost & Optical connected)
Diagnostics: 7780633

Please issue 7.4.1 (beta) to my Sonos System, thanks in advance …
Dolby is back and it sounds amazing! Thanks.
Badge
Updated to 7.4.1 and it fixed some of the problem. But I still have no sound when playing certain movies off my USB that is plugged into my Samsung smart tv. ( and no it is not because the movie file is corrupt, if I change the audio back to tv the tv plays the sound fine) so the newer 7.4.1 update that was supposed to fix the broken 7.4 update is not a full fix..... not happy Jan. Please fix the update properly.... I had no problem before the updates. There should be an option to update or not and not a force update. And there should be a way to uninstall updates.
Does anyone know how long it takes for sonos to get the latest update , i'm on beta program but nothing seems to be coming through. Diagnostic number submitted but no reply.
having same issues.. I'm running samsung ks9000 play bar, sub and 2 play 1's
Diagnostic number is 7781030.
need new update
can anyone tell me where to find what software version I'm on so i can tell when new update is applied, thanks
Userlevel 2
Same problem here.
Diagnostics: 7781163
can anyone tell me where to find what software version I'm on so i can tell when new update is applied, thanks

From the app, Settings->About My Sonos System. Look at the version number under the Playbar/Playbase entry.
Same issue -- please put me in the beta, thanks: 7781258.

(Note, I created this confirmation number from work - not while I was having the issue. I did send one last night, too while having the issue, but didn't write it down -- doh! Do I need to wait until I'm home again and reproduce it or is this OK to get me in the beta?)
same here: 7781453
Having similar issues. Trouble playing any sound that isn't DD 5.1. Please send Beta 7.4.1.

Diagnostic #7781379
Playbar hooked up from LG OLED65B6P through digital optical
2 Play 1s
1 SUB
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Diagnostic #: 7779387

I'm having the same issue. Please email me the beta update to fix this.

Thanks

I've gone ahead and flagged your household. Check for updated and let is know how it goes.
Please add me to beta.

Diagnostic # 7781379