Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Ok, Crossbar, HKOCH, dferg, Arnozup, and DoubleDee73, you guys are all set up for the update. Go ahead and check for updates now.

bbrad65581, your system isn't showing the right errors. Can you try playing from the TV again and send a new diagnostic if you're still not getting any audio?

I've applied the update and everything seems to be working again.
I am having the same issue with DD content running through LG OLED series B6 on native apps (Netflix, Amazon, and You Tube) and would like the patch

Diagnostic Number: 7778983
Badge
Got an email this morning (29th Aug) for a new update. Ran the update from my android app and seems to be working again. Tested on Amazon FireTV box with HBO Go, Netflix and Amazon Prime video. Surround is working. Over the air TV channels are working as well.

My PC App still says Version 7.4, which is what it should be as stated in the email because the update is for the speakers only.

PlayBar Version: 7.4.1 (build 37244261)
Sub Version: 7.4 (build 37244160)
Play 1-RS Version: 7.4 (build 37244160)
Play 1-LS Version: 7.4 (build 37244160)

Yes it was an inconvenience, but thanks Sonos team for the prompt fix and support.
I got an email this morning. Did an update round lunch everything seems to be working fine. Only this is it stills says my version is 7.4 and not 7.4.1 Was wondering if I could get the 7.4.1 updated
I just checked your system, it looks like you're good on our end. Most of your devices would still say 7.4, the PLAYBAR should say 7.4.1 though.

bbrad65581, I'm seeing it now, go ahead and update. You should be set.

I just checked and playbar is 7.4.1. Thanks for everything y'all have done!
Diagnostic 7779014. Same issue, LG TV with an optical connection to a Playbar running v7.4
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having the same issue with DD content running through LG OLED series B6 on native apps (Netflix, Amazon, and You Tube) and would like the patch

Diagnostic Number: 7778983

Thanks. You're all flagged for the update now too. Go ahead and check using one of your controllers.
Same issue here. Pleas send beta update link. Diagnostic number 7779042
Thanks Ryan S for the update. Everything works but when you check "about Sonos" Dolby digital content, in fact all content just says "stereo" not Dolby Digital, do you know why? This is different from before where DD content would says DD 5.1. On the upside no more clipping sound or lack of sound on all inputs
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue here. Pleas send beta update link. Diagnostic number 7779042
Looks like you sent in an email to the team too. You'll be getting a reply there shortly. We'll get your system flagged in a few minutes.

dannyamey, you are flagged for it too now. Go ahead and update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Ryan S for the update. Everything works but when you check "about Sonos" Dolby digital content, in fact all content just says "stereo" not Dolby Digital, do you know why? This is different from before where DD content would says DD 5.1. On the upside no more clipping sound or lack of sound on all inputs
The changes in this version shouldn't adjust what you see there. Odds are, if you're seeing "Stereo" the source coming in is stereo. Are you able to check your TV or device settings to make sure Dolby is getting passed through?
Ryan S weird now it's working. Must have taken a few minutes. Thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ryan S weird now it's working. Must have taken a few minutes. Thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it
I'll call that a win 🙂 I belive that the "About Sonos" screen which shows what source is playing doesn't update live. So if it was playing stereo when opened, it'll keep showing that if it changes to Dolby Digital 5.1
Diagnostic no 7776858.
Same issue described.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Diagnostic no 7776858.
Same issue described.

Looks like you're already flagged for the update. Can you check in your system to see if the PLAYBAR is at version 7.4.1 or if it has an update available?
Thanks! Received the update and its working now.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Am I the only one that got an update failed retry ? Click retry then it says update complete. At first play ones showed no version but they look fine now.
New diagnostic 7779264
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hi Ryan
Thank you! So far so good all is back to normal. Thank you sonos beta team appreciate for working around the clock. Well done. ? 7779340
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Am I the only one that got an update failed retry ? Click retry then it says update complete. At first play ones showed no version but they look fine now.
New diagnostic 7779264

From that diagnostic, I'm seeing that your PLAYBAR is on the right version. But there are some communication errors showing up in general. This could just be some interference causing some trouble. You might want to start with just rebooting the wireless router Sonos is connected to, then your Sonos players (all of them).
I received a reply from tech support advising of a new update. I applied it and all seems well. Thanks SONOS
Thanks Ryan, I can confirm it's working again now that I have the update. 7779259
Diagnostic #: 7779387

I'm having the same issue. Please email me the beta update to fix this.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
Same issue. Please send me the beta. Confirmation 7779394
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
New diagnostic 7779264

From that diagnostic, I'm seeing that your PLAYBAR is on the right version. But there are some communication errors showing up in general. This could just be some interference causing some trouble. You might want to start with just rebooting the wireless router Sonos is connected to, then your Sonos players (all of them).
rebooted....my ears say much better....new diagnostic Your confirmation number is: 7779418
I am experiencing these same issues with my playbar. Can you please add me to beta testing. My diagnostics number is 7779496. Thank you.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I am experiencing these same issues with my playbar,sub and pay 1's. Can you please add me to beta testing. My diagnostics number is 7779525. Thank you.