Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Same issue. No 5.1 sound with Netflix app on Samsung tv after update. Diagnostic number 7777683
Same here, dull ticking sound from Play1 surrounds when on terrestrial HD channels, no issue on same channels via Sky Box.

Sony 65XD9305
Playbar 5.1, via optical, wireless to router.

Diagnostics 7777694

v. 7.4
Build - 37244160
Userlevel 3
As the originator of the thread I'd just like to say thank you for this beta fix, it worked a treat. I understand these things can happen even with beta testing etc etc and it is nice to see a pretty quick turnaround on a major issue.
As of now, everyone in this thread has been added to that beta version that was mentioned. If you haven't gotten it yet, go ahead and check for updates on your system by going to Settings > Check for updates or Online Updates.

If you have any issues or trouble with the PLAYBAR after this update, please let us know.

Updated to 7.4.1 and all seems resolved across all inputs. Many thanks to Ryan and the team at Sonos, and Tom Warren too 🙂
Badge
Same issue here since update to 7.4. Can you email me the beta 7.4.1

Sorry diagnostics report was 7762539
Same problem here. No sound and clicking in surround for some channels since update 7.4. Diagnostics 7777789
Same issue, sound takes a minute to come through, diagnostics submitted 7777453

Wired directly via optical cable, tv is a Samsung 7 series (49)

You're correct, it is the same issue. I've just flagged your system for that beta fix update. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.

Seems to have fixed it, thanks for the prompt assistance
Since this update when I play something on Netflix I get silence, except for ticking from de Play:1s.
Sometimes long wait times for sound with youtube.
My diagnostics number is 7777804
Same issue. No 5.1 sound with Netflix app on Samsung tv after update. Diagnostic number 7777683 update to 7.4.1 fixed the problem. Thank you!
Same problem here. No sound and clicking in surround for some channels since update 7.4. Diagnostics 7777789

Thank you Sonos. Update 7.4.1 fixed the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
pkulak, Kuinhell, Dengar2k, User515753, pcrichardson, and Bert0364, you should be all set. Looks like some of you already got the update too.

Troxxx, can you please try playing the TV again and send a new diagnostic when you have trouble? Your system isn't reporting this error, so we want to make sure before flagging your system for an update it might not need.
Badge
7.4.1 seems to be working on all inputs.
Thank you!!
Checked my version and just applied to join the beta, how long does it take for this to be applied and allow me to download 7.4.1?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi
I have just undertaken the New update to fix the problem and I'm really pleased to say it has worked. My Samsung KS8000 and KS 7000 both now have 5.1 via Sky Q and on the TV apps e.g Netflix. Happy Days ? Diagnostic 7777776.
Same problem, 7778058
Userlevel 3
Badge
next try: 7778108
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Checked my version and just applied to join the beta, how long does it take for this to be applied and allow me to download 7.4.1?
The diagnostic you had posted was actually the wrong number, so the wrong system had gotten flagged. (Someone who didn't come to this thread just got the fix too...) Anyway, you should be all set now.
next try: 7778108
Thanks, seeing it now. You're flagged for the update now.

Same problem, 7778058
Go ahead and update now. You should have one waiting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You're set up now too ABC123.
same issue 7778189
Userlevel 3
Badge
after installing the update, the system works fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
same issue 7778189
Looks like you have the trouble too, I've gone ahead and flagged you for the issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Me too, since update if I pause Netflix or sky I have no sound, I have to turn sound up and down to get it back, come on sonos sort it out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Me too, since update if I pause Netflix or sky I have no sound, I have to turn sound up and down to get it back, come on sonos sort it out!
If you can submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system when this is happening and reply back with your confirmation number I'll take a look at it.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Thanks 7778239