Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Diagnostics: 7776923
Sony 65XD9305
Sonos Wireless
TV - PlayBar via optical

Clicking sound on most TV channels and see external sources. Following update to 7.4.
Badge
Diagnostics number 7776046

Same issue here with Samsung KS8000 TV with Playebar, 2 Play 1 and sub. TV lost sound after update, Can get it to work if TV set to PCM. Sent diagnostics number 7776046. Please fix this soon.

Thank you

Jeff
Userlevel 1
Badge
I just received a new firmware update that resolved my DD 5.1 issue. Everything is working once again. Thanks for the fix!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I just received a new firmware update that resolved my DD 5.1 issue. Everything is working once again. Thanks for the fix!

I should have mentioned is is version 7.4 (BUILD 37244180).
Userlevel 1
Badge

I should have mentioned is is version 7.4 (BUILD 37244180).

Damnit... looked at the wrong section. Firmware version 7.4.1 (Build 37244261) for the Playbar.
Received the email regarding the update this morning. Downloaded the update and everything appears to be resolved. I have DD 2.0 and DD 5.1 on all sources and apps once again. Thanks very much!

Version: 7.4
Build: 37244160
Hi, I have just installed the update. Thanks. It has stopped the clicking sound, but it takes a few seconds for the surround setup to start when I change channel or start a recording.
Same problems here!
Samsung 7005.
Wired to TV and network.
No sound on 3rd party apps - Plex, youtube, Cmore etc

Diagnostics: 7777254
Badge
Diagnostics 7777223. Samsung UN75KS9000F TV + Playbar, sub and surround Play 3s lost sound after last update, with some sources occasionally resulting in significantly delayed sound. Setting output of TV to PCM/PCM only provides sound in most cases. Playbar wirelessly connected to network; optical connection to TV. Current Playbar firmware is V7.4, Build 37244160. Please provide update when possible. Thank you.
I have the same issue after the update, no sound on certain channels.
Diagnostic code 7777155

Fiber optic from TV
Samsung k8500
Received email regarding the update this afternoon. Downloaded the update and everything appears to be resolved. DD 5.1 and DD 2.1 Thanks very much!
Same problem here. Diagnostic information report 7777370
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As of now, everyone in this thread has been added to that beta version that was mentioned. If you haven't gotten it yet, go ahead and check for updates on your system by going to Settings > Check for updates or Online Updates.

If you have any issues or trouble with the PLAYBAR after this update, please let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The team has been working tirelessly on this as we wanted to get you all a resolution as soon as possible. There is now an update available for testing to fix this issue.

If you haven't already been added to this beta (version 7.4.1) and you'd like to test it out, we'd love your feedback. Please submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and post your confirmation number here so we can confirm you're experiencing the issue. We'll use that to apply the update too. We'll be adding this fix to a future release, but we'd like to offer everyone affected the chance to join this beta.

Update September 1st: Adding this to the main answer for visibility, I posted it as a comment below too.
Thanks everyone for your patience and helping out test this fix for us. So far, it’s going extremely well, which is a great sign.

The team is making sure there isn’t going to be any other adverse issues before wrapping this up into a full release and sending it to everyone. For now, we’re still going to be individually flagging systems. They’ll be evaluating everything next week to determine if this update is ready for prime time, we don’t yet have an official date on when it’s going to get set live.

This weekend we’re going to be a little short handed with the holiday in the US, so it may take a little while after posting here before you get added to the beta test list for the update. Feel free to post your diagnostics below and we’ll make sure to address each one as soon as we can. Our apologies for the delay and the silence in the meantime.
I have basically shut my system off, not using it. Sonos should take this seriously and provide a fallback as any company providing software updates does. The system is completely useless at this point.
Same issue, sound takes a minute to come through, diagnostics submitted 7777453

Wired directly via optical cable, tv is a Samsung 7 series (49)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have basically shut my system off, not using it. Sonos should take this seriously and provide a fallback as any company providing software updates does. The system is completely useless at this point.

We posted at just about the same time. I just flagged your system for the update, so go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue, sound takes a minute to come through, diagnostics submitted 7777453

Wired directly via optical cable, tv is a Samsung 7 series (49)

You're correct, it is the same issue. I've just flagged your system for that beta fix update. Go ahead and check for updates, you should be all set.
Same issue - no audio and clicking on surrounds for some channels/sources since upgrade to 7.4. Tv is sony kdl55w905a connect via optical to soundbar, sub and surrounds ovef WiFi. Diagnostics submitted ref 7777469
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same issue - no audio and clicking on surrounds for some channels/sources since upgrade to 7.4. Tv is sony kdl55w905a connect via optical to soundbar, sub and surrounds ovef WiFi. Diagnostics submitted ref 7777469

You should be all set now. Go ahead and update your system.
Badge
Thank you very much--the beta update fixed my problem! I appreciate the support on this.
I wouldn't mind getting on the beta as well, but only if the full release is far way. Not sure I want to get stuck on the beta channel unless I have to. Right now I'm using TV sound when needed, and Game of Thrones is still working through my Sonos 5.1 setup, so things could be a LOT worse. haha

Userlevel 3
Badge
same problem here!
soundbar wired, suround and sub
lg television

Badge
Same issue here since update to 7.4. Can you email me the beta 7.4.1

You should be all set now. Go ahead and update your system.

Updated and seems resolved :D:D