Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Going into the weekend without any news from Sonos, ouch. I'm also surprised by the lack of support, I thought better of Sonos. Never had a problem until this point, but this is a bad one. Not very fun walking downstairs to an irritated wife and a 2 year old repeating "uh oh" over and over because they can't get the sound working on their favorite bean bag dance video (don't ask!) :8
Userlevel 3
Badge
after installing the update, the system works fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, as of now, the fix for this issue has been added to the Sonos version 8.0 software. Please check for updates and you'll get our newest software, and new app. For more details on Sonos 8.0 check out our post here.

Thank you, everyone for testing out this in beta and helping get this all sorted out. We appreciate your patience and for working with us on this one. Have a great day, and enjoy some music! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
same issue 7778189
Looks like you have the trouble too, I've gone ahead and flagged you for the issue.
didn't have time to do complete check, but dvr programs and some other channels that never had sound DO have sound now after the beta upgrade. Thank you will let you know when i have time to check other streaming services
Any idea how long until the individual updates mentioned above will be added to the people that have added the diagnostic number. I'd love to be able to hear my tv, or if we can have the previous update... maybe rollback the last
It worked! Thanks so much Ryan!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Me too, since update if I pause Netflix or sky I have no sound, I have to turn sound up and down to get it back, come on sonos sort it out!
If you can submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system when this is happening and reply back with your confirmation number I'll take a look at it.
We’ve been looking into some trouble affecting certain systems and I can see that some of you are experiencing it. This doesn't affect all PLAYBARs, but we're actively investigating and working to get it resolved. We’ll be putting together support tickets for you with our team, for those of you who don’t have one already. You'll be getting an email through there when it's resolved and we'll also update you here.

I went through Twitter and they got back to me with a support ticket after submitting diagnostics, etc. In the same message it says to call support to look further into it. Is there any point in doing so? Am I just better off waiting as per above?
Upgraded to 8.0 just now and now experiencing the sound dropping off again after receiving the beta version a week or so ago. This is very frustrating !!!

Diagnostic #7914873
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I went through Twitter and they got back to me with a support ticket after submitting diagnostics, etc. In the same message it says to call support to look further into it. Is there any point in doing so? Am I just better off waiting as per above?

I just took a look at your case and it was set up properly on our end. You won't need to call in right now. We'll let you know via email as this develops. Thanks for your patience!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I too am having this problem, my diagnostic code is 7759842. It is really very frustrating!
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
That's great all works fine, you must be a busy boy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, but as of now everyone in the thread should be flagged for the beta for this issue. Please check for updates and let us know if anything comes up. If you are still having any trouble after you update, I'd recommend give us a call on our support line.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
benlevi85, welcome to the community. Please submit a diagnostic and then reply back here with the confirmation number.

bmills your system has been flagged for the beta. Run the update when ready.
This is SO RIDICULOUS, unplugging and replugging my soundbar only fixes it until the next time I turn the TV on. Is there still no official guidance on this? Is rebooting the router worth doing? Sounds a bit stupid to me as a solution, sonos work fine its specifically the optical audio that is not responding.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
This is SO RIDICULOUS, unplugging and replugging my soundbar only fixes it until the next time I turn the TV on. Is there still no official guidance on this? Is rebooting the router worth doing? Sounds a bit stupid to me as a solution, sonos work fine its specifically the optical audio that is not responding. Rebooting the router does not work. All work arounds are very short term. We need a proper solution it's an optical handshake issue I think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Krisko and Mark Coster, you're both now flagged for the update. Go ahead and check, you should be all set.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Update has fixed things for me cheers...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Just did the beta survey and the wording is confusing. It asks if you had audio issues with your Playbar PRIOR to the latest update. I took that to mean the latest official update which was 7.4. The survey then ended when I answered "no" so I suspect it meant the Beta update 7.4.1.

You are not alone. When a survey is worded poorly, the results are "suspect". I hit back and fixed mine when I realized their intent...but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have a bunch of inaccurate responses.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've let the team know and they may be editing the survey to be a little more clear.

They were looking to find out you are still experiencing issues or anything unexpected with 7.4.1 and if you had any trouble with the 7.3 version of the software before updating to 7.4.

________

Also, it's that time, everyone who posted here has been flagged for the update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Same problem. Diagnostics sent # 7760735. That's why I quit the beta :(

I just set up the ticket for you. If you were in a beta program previously, let the technician know when they reply back to you after this is sorted and they may be able to assist if you want back in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
micand72, sorry to hear that. I'm opening up a ticket with the team to look into this one. They might be reaching out to you if they need any more data than what's in the diagnostic. Thanks for letting us know.
Please add me to the list of people experiencing this. # 7760856

TV: LG OLED 65B7P
Playbar + Sub + 2x PLAY:1
Playbar is wired into network.
Optical connection from TV.

Thanks.
Please add me to the list of people experiencing this.

Whats the make/model of your TV Samsung UE55KS7000
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network - Wireless
Playbar + 2x Play 1s
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV - Optical
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix Issue happens with Tv from the cable box and when using Amazon prime video - Yes

Support Diagnostics: 7761210
Ryan S

Thank you for adding me to beta. Update completed and so far so good. I will update if anything changes.