Answered

No sound on certain channels after system update today.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1877 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all again. The team's already identified the issue and is working on a solution right now. We're going through and setting up tickets for everyone in the thread at the moment (not done with everyone yet). When the fix is ready to go we'll be emailing everyone with an incident, so you'll see that as soon as there's word, it won't be long.

In the mean time, we appreciate your patience while we get this tested and sorted out.
Smilja, Does the tireless defence ever get boring?
As for Sonos being unable to revert f/w, of course they can.

I'm none but realistic. Does the tireless lament for ability of downgrading firmware on a whim ever get boring? They can but they won't, you should know this by now.
Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all again. The team's already identified the issue and is working on a solution right now. We're going through and setting up tickets for everyone in the thread at the moment (not done with everyone yet). When the fix is ready to go we'll be emailing everyone with an incident, so you'll see that as soon as there's word, it won't be long.

In the mean time, we appreciate your patience while we get this tested and sorted out.

If the problem was so easily identified why was it not fixed when it was reported during beta?????
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
They can but they won't, you should know this by now.
But I'm not the one telling users it's not possible, you are. Appears you've changed your mind. Thing about downgrading isn't necessarily a tireless lament as it's often from different users who are experiencing issues and want to get their system working again. When they hear the issue was even reported during beta it's even more frustrating - and updates telling users they'll get support tickets doesn't do a great deal to appease frustrated users unable to use their system.
I'm glad some people think that paying customers have the right to know if a company is releasing software to the public that has been identified as having a major bug. We are paying for a product that is supposed to work and is advertised as doing such. Would you like a vehicle that's wheels don't turn? It's similar to a speaker that doesn't play sound.
Whats the make/model of your TV? Samsung 6 Series
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network? Wirelessly
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Wired to TV
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Yes, apps, live TV and BluRay all have the same issue

Everything worked great until a few days ago, I assume after the update.

Diagnostic #: 7765719
Same problem here. Diagnostic code 7772942
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Let's try to keep this on point everyone, I just removed a few posts, but let's remember not to start picking fights here. Since there are so many people following the thread, let's try not to spam everyone with cross talk. Please feel free to post here if you're running into this issue and don't have a ticket made for you yet. We'll keep on making those for everyone in the thread.
But I'm not the one telling users it's not possible, you are.
My mistake. Was meant to read as "It is possible but not going to happen".
TV Samsung ks8000
Playbar connected ethernet
Playbar connected to TV via optical
Working fine until update, since then no sound at all when watching YouTube unless I switch TV setting from Dolby digital to PCM. Also sound is missing on certain DTV channels

Diagnostic 7773036
Badge +1
Whats the make/model of your TV? Samsung UE46ES8000
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Optically Wired to TV
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Anything trying to play 5.1 sound just plays clicking. Exception is Sky 5.1 seems to be OK

Everything worked great until a few days ago, I assume after the update.

Diagnostic #: 7772994
Badge
Whats the make/model of your TV?
Samsung KS8005

Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
Wired

Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
TV (optical)

Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?
TV

Problem since update 7.4, solved it when changing bitstream to PCM setting in TV.

TV LG 65UH750V
Playbar connected wireless
Playbar connected to TV via optical
Working fine until update, since then no sound at all when watching Dtv HD channels unless I switch TV setting from Dolby digital to PCM.

Diagnostic 7773063
Upgraded to 7.4 this morning and now I have the same issue.

Whats the make/model of your TV? LG OLED65B6P
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Wired, optical
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Yes and yes. Having issues in the Hulu and YouTube apps, both native LG WebOS.

Support ticket 7773185.
Badge
Tv Philips pfl6008s
Wireless without bridge/boost
Wired to tv
Problems with no sound on some channels and nvidia shield TV 2017. Ps4 works fine. Also got clicking sound from surround speakers when there are no TV sound.

Diagnostic number 7773387
Upgraded to 7.4
Whats the make/model of your TV? Samsung UH 8500
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Wired, optical
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Yes and Yes

Diagnostic number 7773411
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Also encountering these same issues with Dolby 5.1 playback since upgrading to 7.4 a few days ago. Can confirm the audio silence/popping issue is limited to sources that deliver 5.1 dolby audio (i.e. Xbox One, Netflix), as my satellite TV channels in stereo have no such issues.
Whats the make/model of your TV? 2013 edition Samsung Smart TV
Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network? Wired
Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? Optical feed from HDMI splitter (allows 5.1 audio passthrough and worked flawlessly up until the 7.4 update)
Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Issues with many Netflix channels/movies, no audio at all from Xbox One (if set to bitstream out; changing to PCM allows audio playback to be heard, but only in stereo).

Diagnostic number 7773458
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

that's good news looking forward to the fix.
I too have experienced my audio cutout while watching TV. It happens on every channel and is intermittent at times. I have sent in a diagnostic and the conformation number is 7773551.
Whats the make/model of your TV?
Samsung KS8005

Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network?
Wired

Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box?
TV (optical)

Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and(or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix?
TV including SmartApps (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) & Xfinity DVR (HDMI Through TV)

Diagnostic #7773643
Same for me:
Samsung Smart TV
Wired Playbar
Connected to TV pass through never been an issue
Problem with cable and 3rd party apps

Diagnostic: 7773515
I've been dealing with this very same problem since I installed the latest Update this past Wednesday, August 23rd: sound dropouts when I change TV channels (almost each and every time I change channels) along with "Unsupported TV Audio" messages on my Sonos iPad app; + occasional sound dropouts while simply watching TV.

In fact, I've been dialoguing via Twitter with Sonos support since this started days/nights ago trying to come up with some sort of fix. Did we find it? If it were only so. Ugh.

— What's the make/model of your TV?: LG OLED55E6
— Is your PLAYBAR wired or wirelessly connected to your network? Wired
— Is your PLAYBAR wired to your TV or cable box/SAT box? TV, Optical
— Is the PLAYBAR experiencing issues when watching TV and (or) from a 3rd party app eg; Netflix? Yes and Yes
— Diagnostic number: 7751473 (taken and submitted to Sonos support via Twitter Aug 24, 2017)
same issues here. diagnostic# 7773800
Same here. I was part of beta, but it was giving me a number of audio dropouts from external comcast and internal TV apps (netflix, youtube, etc). I had a trouble ticket, but it was not resolved. I left the beta and downgraded to 7.3. All was great. No issues and all sources and TV apps worked with no dropouts or hesitations. It was determined to be a decoding issue with the SONOS Playbar software. Clearly true since 7.3 completely fixed the issue. Now I was forced to update to 7.4. Dropouts and no sound occurring again and more regularly. Now even a clicking sound from surround speakers. App shows input as Silent for minutes before sound comes out.
Also getting issues with clicking from sonos 1 surrounds and no sound from playbar since updating to 7.4 today on HD channels only. Sony KD 55X8509C, optical output. diagnostic submitted 7773859/7773877.(and an previous one which I unfortunately didn't make a note of-sorry!