Answered

No sound on Arc or Sonos 1 with Kayo or Spotify streaming via Apple TV (4k)

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Had a network of 2 x Sonos 1 SL connected via wifi to my Apple TV which is streaming shows and music played on my Samsung TV. Since I added my Sonos Arc, there is no sound when I stream Kayo or try to listen to Spotify. Everything else is ok (Apple TV and music, Netflix, Amazon prime etc) just cannot get any sound whatsoever despite changing the sound settings on Apple TV to stereo (not using Dolby) as advised on previous threads.

I then reset my Apple TV (HDMI cables etc) and updated all apps and Kayo and Spotify worked initially but the next day it’s gone back to no sound. 

Weird and annoying. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 January 2022, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What model Samsung TV do you have? Can you post photos of the current audio settings? Is the Arc connected directly to your TV’s HDMI ARC port. and are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc?

It’s a Samsung UA55F6400AM.

i used the HDMI cable and plugged it into the HDMI Arc port in the TV directly - see photo.

Bear in mind…the Arc and the two Sonos 1 speakers work with every other app streaming service and Apple Music. It’s just Kayo and Spotify it doesn’t! Even won’t play with the “Received speakers or Sonos 1 independent of the Arc or the Arc independent of the 1’s” None of the change in speaker configurations seem to work when I change the Audio settings. Dolby certainly doesn’t work.

Very very weird. I honestly don’t think anyone will have an answer.

Userlevel 7

Try setting the Temporary Audio Output to only “Receiver Speakers” on the Apple TV. You should also try unplugging the Arc, TV, and Apple TV from power for a couple of minutes. If this doesn’t work, you might try connecting the Arc to the TV’s optical port using the HDMI to optical adapter that came with the Arc to see if it makes a difference.