Answered

no sound from surrounds or sub after replacing a playbase by with a Beam2

• 26 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I just got a new Samsung television and decided to replace my old playbase with a new beam 2. My system includes two play ones for surrounds and a sub. 

The Beam is connected via Ethernet, others wireless. Beam is connected to TV with eARC. Sound from Beam is fine and app shows Dolby Atmos input from Netflix. Steady white lights on surrounds and Sub but no sound out of them. 
App on my iPhone shows system correctly (Beam + 2 surrounds and Sub). Removing and reconnecting satellites with app asks me if I want to move one satellite from “Den2” to “Den” and the other from “Den3” to “Den” (I only have one den and the app only shows one room called den). I say yes to moving them but I get an error message about trouble connecting but app then shows satellites connected anyway. Same if I remove and re-add the Sub. 

Not sure if I need to factory reset the satellites and Sub and start anew or what. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 December 2021, 19:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you perhaps disabled the WiFi adapter in the Beam’s room settings? If so, you need to leave it enabled as the surrounds connect over an ad-hoc 5Ghz wireless connection to your Beam.

Also check you have not accidentally toggled off the surrounds in your ‘Surround Audio’ settings (switch top right of the page above the TV level slider bar).

If you didn’t remove the speakers as surrounds from the PlayBase before creating the new HT setup with the Beam - you could perhaps (as a last resort), try removing the surrounds and factory reset them and then add them back, just to see if that may fix the issue. HTH

Yes!  Wifi on the beam was deactivated so I activated it and things work now. Thanks very much!