No sound from Sonos Roam speakers

• 12 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

For some reason the Sonos application shows my two Roam speakers are playing, but there is no sound coming from them.  I called Sonos support and they  nicely talked me through a solution that worked:

• Turn off the speakers.
  • When off, push the power button and hold for six seconds.  The speakers will make a sound and turn off again.
  • Wait 20 seconds or so.
  • Power the speakers back up and they worked.

Hope this helps someone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’d start off by trying a factory reset of the speaker, it sounds like something is not working properly in the software on your device. I’d also double check to see if there’s an update to the Sonos software.

You may get more attention from the forum moderators if you open a new thread, rather than resurrecting on that is a month old. It can also help a bunch if you submit a system diagnostic from your system, and post the resulting number, or call in to the Sonos support line. There’s likely something in that diagnostic that will help them track down why your Roam isn’t working properly. 

My speakers do not make a sound when they turn off. And resetting does not resolve the issue

Badge +17

Hi @Cheetah4570,

Thanks for sharing your solution here! It’s true, sometimes all it takes is a quick reboot to kick things back to life, but do let us know if this issue becomes recurrent for you so we can take a closer look :slight_smile: