Answered

No sound from Sonos One (with Boost)

• 14 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos One attached to a Boost (which is plugged into a Netgear Orbi receiver). This has worked fine until today. Today, music started to play but then it stopped. The app said music was playing but there was no sound.

I did factory resets but when I went to search for new devices, it found none. Deleting and reinstalling the app doesn’t help. I guess these devices are still associated with my account. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 March 2021, 12:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Factory resets are generally a bad thing, you’ve erased anything that was stored on your system. 

You are now setting up a new system. Wire the BOOST to your router with an Ethernet cable. Open the controller , and use the ‘add a device’ function from settings to add the BOOST. 

Once the BOOST is set up, plug in the Sonos One, and again use the ‘add a device’ process to add the speaker.

Once you’ve got them added back to your controller, you’ll need to re-set up any streaming services and playlists that you previously had, they will have been erased by the factory resets. 

Note, setting up a system can only be done on a mobile controller, the desktop versions have been stripped of this ability.

My issue is it is not finding any products, even though I am connected to the WiFi network where the Boost is plugged in. I will try to reboot the WiFi system to see if that helps.

If it’s a mesh network, make sure the BOOST is plugged in to the ‘root’ device, and unplug any satellites that mesh may have, in case your phone is connected to a different subnet from another ‘puck’.

Alternately, try plugging the speaker in to the router, and leave the BOOST unplugged, which would tell you that the electronics in the BOOST have failed. It’s a pretty long shot, but the simple fact is any electrical device can fail. Many reports about issues with the BRIDGE, I can’t think of a single one for the BOOST.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @vuwildcat07 

Are you still having this problem? If so I recommend you read this guide, specifically, the section on mesh networks:

If you have issues after following the advice there, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will be able to ascertain the current status of your Sonos products and assist you from there.

Rebooting the router worked.