Answered

No Sonos connection in app

• 27 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Why my sonos one gen 2 connect to wifi for 2 minutes and then lost for 10 days?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 March 2021, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Blasi.

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble, let me help you figure this out.

To check some data from your system, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

2045838415 Diagnostic number

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Blasi 

Sorry for the delay.

Your diagnostics only included your Sonos-app-running device, and nothing about your Sonos speaker. I recommend you switch off your WiFi router for at least 30 seconds. If you have any WiFi boosters or extenders, please switch these off, and leave them off for troubleshooting. Please also switch off the Sonos speaker. Once 30 seconds have passed, switch on the router and wait about 5 minutes for WiFi to return, then switch on your Sonos One too, and wait for the solid white light before checking your app.

If the issue was caused by booster/extenders, switching them back on now won’t change anything, until the speaker or router are rebooted. If this happens, switch the booster/extender off and on again to make the speaker jump back over to the router’s WiFi until the next time. We don’t support the use of boosters/extenders due to them basically not being particularly good. If you’re looking for a better alternative, we recommend mesh WiFi systems configured in Bridge mode. For instructions on this, just internet search for the name of the system you get and “bridge mode”. The Google mesh can be difficult about running in Bridge mode.

If that hasn’t helped, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will do some real-time troubleshooting with you. It’s likely we’ll need to adjust some router settings to make your network more Sonos friendly.