Question

No Network Matrix? + Rant

• 30 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to access the ‘network matrix’ using the link http://192.168.0.70:1400/support/review (have also tried 1443), but all it shows me is Den (RINCON_347E5CFE1B1401400). No network matrix evident. Why is this happening? 

Also submit a diagonostic report: #2136867666

I regret buying a Symfonsik because all it’s done has given me greif and anxiety. Have spent countless hours trying to figure out why it constantly stops/ skips songs on Spotify and have tried everything to fix it. Now I’m just thinking whether I should buy a Sonos Boost to fix it, but I don’t want to waste money so my other option is to return it. 

7 replies

@mikesz98, if you only have the Symfonisk and no speaker wired to the router, then the Matrix is of no use anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello,

I’m trying to access the ‘network matrix’ using the link http://192.168.0.70:1400/support/review (have also tried 1443), but all it shows me is Den (RINCON_347E5CFE1B1401400). No network matrix evident. Why is this happening? 

No Network Matrix is displayed if there’s only a single Sonos device. What information were you hoping to obtain from the matrix?

Oh fair enough, thanks for the info. I was hoping it would give me some useful information as to why i’m constantly having interruptions. Probably will have to rely on submitting diagnostics and cop a generic reply such as changing router channels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just in case you haven’t tried these already:

As an experiment, it’s worth temporarily trying to connect the speaker by wired Ethernet or moving it closer (but not too close) to your router, just to confirm that the problems relate to the speaker’s internal network connection. If you still get Spotify dropouts in this configuration, the problem is likely to be the upstream connection to Spotify.

Some routers report on the WiFi strength to each connected device -- worth looking at that if you have that feature to see what kind of connection the speaker is experiencing.

Trying different network channels in the Sonos app won’t help for a speaker in WiFi mode, but trying different channels on your router might.

@pwt I’ll try that, thanks. I would prefer to use a wired connection via ethernet cable, but the problem is that I live with my parents and they prefer the router to be in the living room, whereas the speaker is in my room. Would need at least a 5-6m cable to reach that far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Cables are cheap (Amazon or Monoprice) and if you get a flat one they are easy to route, promise your mom it is temporary. That worked for my spouse for a week.

The diagnostic is likely your best option.

There may be a source of wireless interference near the speaker (such as a computer) or router. Experiment with moving the speaker and router a foot or two.

5-6m is not often an issue unless there is an obstruction, such as heavy construction (brick, marble, cement) in the path.