Answered

NO MUSIC FILE ON ANDROID AGAIN

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

If all my devices are not ethernet wired i got unsync between rooms. I have the best ever wifi 6th generation. Ultra fast 450mbts seconds internet. Never had any problems with any devices at home.

icon

Best answer by ratty 6 May 2022, 12:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Describe your network setup in more detail. What is wired? Wireless? Router model? WiFi extenders or mesh points? Network switches?

If all my devices are not ethernet wired i got unsync between rooms. I have the best ever wifi 6th generation. Ultra fast 450mbts seconds internet. Never had any problems with any devices at home.

A ‘best ever’ WiFi 6 mesh could be fine for simple devices that only want internet access, but may not be welcomed by a Sonos system. Sonos depends heavily on communications within the local network, especially for sync within groups. Mesh points could be steering Sonos units between bands in the background and connecting them to different channels on different mesh nodes, linked by a backhaul of variable latency. Groups work best when all the Sonos devices share a common wireless channel, as they can then talk directly peer-to-peer.

A typical solution is to wire a Sonos component to the primary node of the WiFi mesh, getting Sonos off the WiFi and onto its own SonosNet. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

A ‘best ever’ WiFi 6 mesh could be fine for simple devices that only want internet access, but may not be welcomed by a Sonos system. Sonos depends heavily on communications within the local network, especially for sync within groups. Mesh points could be steering Sonos units between bands in the background and connecting them to different channels on different mesh nodes, linked by a backhaul of variable latency. Groups work best when all the Sonos devices share a common wireless channel, as they can then talk directly peer-to-peer.

A typical solution is to wire a Sonos component to the primary node of the WiFi mesh, getting Sonos off the WiFi and onto its own SonosNet. 

I have an eero pro 6 system and this is exactly what I have done 

I have my arc hardwired to the eero pro via an 8 port switch and all my sonos products are on sonosnet wm:0

Apart from the moves and roams which are wifi wm1 

I have never had any issues with this setup 

I also have all the units set with reserved ip's in the eero app