Answered

No Dolby Atmos showing in app with Arc and Samsung Frame TV

• 11 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I have a new Arc and Samsung The Frame 2020 TV. No Dolby Atmos showing in Sonos app even though eAr. And Dolbly Atmos TV settings are set. I’m using the Disney Plus, Netflix, Amazon Prime apps. None showing atmos in the now playing window of the Sonos app. Any ideas?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 February 2021, 15:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Have you read through the other thread on the Frame?

Thanks Alrgetiam. Yeah, I read through that. I do have those sound issues too, but my enquiry is specifically about Dolby Atmos. It sounds great, but isn’t showing (so presumably not playing) Dolby Atmos, even though all of the settings in the TV are correct. The display shows eArc when I use the volume as well. It’s a bit of a pain as I made the decision to buy the Arc on the basis of all of the great reviews of its Dolby Atmos performance. If it’s not working I’d rather have spen £400 less. 😳

In About My System, what does it say the audio format is for the Arc when you play, let’s say, a Netflix movie that says it is Atmos?  (I assume you have a Premium account for Netflix, btw?)

Thanks John.

I have it working on Amazon Prime now. Suddenly.

The problem appears to be with Disney Plus. This is good for potential other new buyers/users to know. I’ve just done some digging and it appears Dolby Atmos may not be available on the Arc yet with Disney Plus. Disney say they are working on compatibility on some soundbars.

Disappointing as I just watched all of the Mandalorian hoping to enjoy Atmos after big cost (both TV and Arc are new).  

Hopefully will be sorted with an update. 

I seem to recall at the beginning of the Pandemic there was some announcement about restricting bandwidth usage in the EU/UK for Disney Plus. Not government mandated, though, self imposed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Folky 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

I have not heard of any incompatibility issues with Sonos and Disney. We recently did a promotion with Disney, and it seems unlikely that would have been done without making sure there weren’t any issues.

I seem to recall at the beginning of the Pandemic there was some announcement about restricting bandwidth usage in the EU/UK for Disney Plus. Not government mandated, though, self imposed.

@Airgetlam is correct - there were restrictions, but all major services were asked to restrict bandwidth, and those restrictions were lifted some time before you posted here (mid-summer 2020)

Are you still having problems? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team so we can do some in-depth troubleshooting.

If you haven’t done so already, it would be worth trying a reboot of the Arc and the TV (unplugging both from power for 30 seconds) before getting in touch.