Answered

No airplay option for grouped One SL

• 6 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a playbar and sub in the living room that are hooked up to my TV, and neither of those have airplay. I later added 2 One-SL speakers as rear surrounds which are supposed to have airplay capability. However, when I try to airplay from Apple music (or any music app), I don’t see any of the Sonos speakers in the list (only my Apple TV). How do I fix this so I can AirPlay to the speakers without having to go through my Apple TV?

Note that when I first set up the speakers and before I grouped them with the playbar and sub in the living room, I was able to AirPlay to them.

Ideally I’d like to have the One SL speakers as surrounds when I’m watching the TV but airplay to the whole group via One SLs when I’m not.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 October 2021, 23:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

AirPlay is not available on Sonos speakers that are set up as surround speakers.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US

You will have to unbond the One SLs as surrounds to use the AirPlay feature.

AirPlay is not available on Sonos speakers that are set up as surround speakers.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US

You will have to unbond the One SLs as surrounds to use the AirPlay feature.

Thanks for your answer. Is there a way to set it up so I can group all 4 speakers to the TV yet also be able to airplay to the group?

Userlevel 7

If you want the One SLs to act as surround speakers for the Playbar/Sub, there is no way to AirPlay to the entire group. You would have to purchase another AirPlay-compatible Sonos speaker that can act as the AirPlay “gateway” to the Playbar/Sub/One SLs setup.

You could unbond the One SLs as surrounds so they are in a different zone and group them with the Playbar/Sub, but they wouldn’t play as surround speakers. Music playback would be in sync from all speakers, but the One SLs will have a slight audio delay when listening to TV audio.