Answered

No Airplay on Sonos Beam (and Symfonisk)

• 2 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello, I have a Sonos Beam and IKEA Symfonisk. Both are Airplay 2 compatible if I understand correctly.

Since a few weeks they don’t show up anymore as “Airplayable” devices. Neither from my Mac, iPhone or software like Spotify I can select them as output device.

I powercycled them, my devices and network a few times without success.

I have added a diagnose: 353343145

Edit: my Beam is connected to a Sonos Connect:AMP for surround sound, this is apparently the reason I can’t airplay to it. Still my Symfonisk should show up.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 August 2021, 11:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jeroenvdb 

Thanks for your post!

Yes - both the Beam and Symfonisk speakers are AirPlay compatible.

I assume you are referring to “AirPlay is not available on Sonos speakers that are set up as surround speakers” on the page you linked to. This doesn’t really apply to your system, as the Connect:Amp isn’t AirPlay compatible anyway. It’s more about having a pair of Ones (AirPlay compatible) paired to a Playbar (not AirPlay compatible). The Beam should show up on your AirPlay device list.

You mentioned rebooting your router - if you didn’t turn it off for at least 30 seconds, I would try this again. A reboot of the router is the one thing most likely to fix this issue. Turn off Sonos too (unplug), and only turn them on again once your router is fully up-and-running again.

I also recommend you make sure all your devices are up-to-date.

As mentioned on our Set up Connect:Amp as surround speakers help page, both the Beam and Connect:Amp should be wired to ethernet, though I don’t expect doing this to fix AirPlay - it’s just something that jumped out at me from your diagnostic.

If this doesn’t help you, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and for more in-depth troubleshooting.