Answered

Nintendo Switch sound cutting out

• 17 May 2022
  • 9 replies

I have this set up. Nintendo Switch -> LG C1 -> Sonos Beam gen 2 + 2 Ikea Symfonisk. I have eARC activated, bitstream, passtrough on TV, Sonos app is showing Multichannel PCM 7.1 and sound is cutting in and out. This only happens with the Nintendo Switch, I have no issues with PS5 or any streaming service from the TV. Changed the HDMI cable and issue was solved for some days, but now it's doing it again. Had beam connected with WiFi, changed it to Ethernet cable and issue is still the same. Any help?

icon

Best answer by danieltonio 19 May 2022, 05:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Were you using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam initially? If you disconnect the PS5, do you still experience the audio cutting out on the Switch?

Were you using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam initially? If you disconnect the PS5, do you still experience the audio cutting out on the Switch?

I changed the HDMI cable from NSwitch to TV and issue was solved for some days. I have always used the cable that came with Beam to connect the TV to the Beam.

PS5 is connected to TV but turned off while playing with the Switch.

Audio cuts for a second every minute approximately.

Userlevel 7

I changed the HDMI cable from NSwitch to TV and issue was solved for some days. I have always used the cable that came with Beam to connect the TV to the Beam.

Are there any other media devices connected to the TV other than the PS5? If you disconnect the PS5 from the TV completely, do you still experience the audio cutting out on the Switch?

Are there any other media devices connected to the TV other than the PS5? If you disconnect the PS5 from the TV completely, do you still experience the audio cutting out on the Switch?

I will try that, I only have PS5 connected and another HDMI that I keep it connected to eventually plug pc or any other device.

Could it be also the cable that came with Beam? I supposed it was good as it comes with the bar to handle Atmos connectivity

Userlevel 7

Could it be also the cable that came with Beam? 

Not likely. The Sonos HDMI cable is usually more reliable than using a third-party cable.

If disconnecting the PS5 fixes the problem, go to Settings > System > HDMI on the PS5 and disable HDMI Device Link.

Could it be also the cable that came with Beam? 

Not likely. The Sonos HDMI cable is usually more reliable than using a third-party cable.

If disconnecting the PS5 fixes the problem, go to Settings > System > HDMI on the PS5 and disable HDMI Device Link.

Thank you for your answer, I’ll try when I got home at night and will tell. Hope that is the solution!!!

Tried disconnecting the PS5 and audio cutting in and out is still happening :(

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Switch, TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes.

Tried unplugging everything and still happened. Then I interchanged PS5 and NSwitch HDMI cables and it is working fine. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Thank you for your help.