Answered

New wifi router made my Sonos system *** up!

Hi, 

I recently got new wifi router = new wifi. Now my Sonos app work slowly, also my Sonos products (Arc, Roam and 3x One SL) are not working correctly. 

Firstly, only Arc could work - I always airplay music to Arc and then via Sonos app I stream via 'everywhere' button to all other. Now in app it can be shown it is playing music everywhere, but in real it works only in Arc and in One SL. 

But it doesn't play music from all ONE's and Roam at the same time! Always 1 or 2 ONE are problem and sometimes Roam. Roam works only when played alone. But also if I stream via Airplay music to my Roam and spread it to other Sonos in my system via 'everywhere' it just doesn't work. If I connect more than 1 Sonos One I had the wifi extender report. Anyway I also tried unplug all of them and replug, I tried to disconnect and reconnect… I just did anything and still it doesn't work. 

I am desperate because I am addicted to my Sonos system. Please help me.

EDIT.: I disconnected all of my products, disconnected router - waited couple min - pluged in router, waited for wifi to get on, I plugged in all Sonos devices… First I had to manually added Arc to my products, then I had problem with 1 One SL that I had to unplug like 2x to make it appear in my system in the app. I airplayed music to Arc and spread it everywhere and it says in the app music is playing, but the sound is actually working only from Arc. When I disconnected all of them and connected just Arc with just 1 One SL it worked, but if connect 1 more One SL it doesnt work (music will stop in both ONE SL) so basically only Arc + 1 ONE SL work but nothing else. 

Edit no. 2: I also tried to connect music from Arc with Roam - it works only untill I try to add 3rd Sonos. Doesn't matter which Sonos I combine, but if I try to play from more than 2 the music stop everywhere except Arc (from which I spread the music).

Not sure why it can play from 2 Sonos devices only, but it seems at least we found out what is the problem.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 April 2022, 11:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Describe your network setup. What model router are you using?

Sounds like you just need a simple WiFi refresh, something that normally one should do any time you replace a WiFi router. 

Power off all your Sonos devices. Reboot your new router to have it reload all of its software and associated tables. Once the router has come back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. 

Note: if you’ve moved to a mesh router, it might help if you went from a pure WiFi network to a wired (SonosNet) network. See the wired and wireless modes FAQ for more information. 

Sorry I am big noob in this so what exactly are you asking by describe network setup.

The new router is Sercom speedport plus. 

Sorry I am kinda lame in this.

Sounds like you just need a simple WiFi refresh, something that normally one should do any time you replace a WiFi router. 

Power off all your Sonos devices. Reboot your new router to have it reload all of its software and associated tables. Once the router has come back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. 

Note: if you’ve moved to a mesh router, it might help if you went from a pure WiFi network to a wired (SonosNet) network. See the wired and wireless modes FAQ for more information. 

I did that and now I see in my app all 3 ONE sl, but not Arc and not Roam. I kept the roam turned off all the time… 

Sorry I am big noob in this so what exactly are you asking by describe network setup.

What devices are using your network? Computer? Phone? Pad? SONOS? Thermostat? TV? WiFi extenders?

What is wired? Wireless?

When replacing a router one must shut down EVERYTHING on the network, then restart the router, .Wait until it is ready, then start the wired items, followed by the wireless items.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Did you name the new wifi network the same name and password as the old one?

If not remove the wireless network from your sonos system and setup your sonos products as new devices 

If not remove the wireless network from your sonos system and setup your sonos products as new devices 

yes the new wifi has different name and different password

No, no, no. A router change never requires a system to be rebuilt (thereby erasing all user data).

Here is the article for dealing with a router change.

The OP sounds like they have partial connectivity. They simply need to refresh all the IP address info by following the advice above.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

yes the new wifi has different name and different password

Rename the new wifi and password to the old details and reboot the system as previously suggested by the other posts 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lhayek95 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you are stil experiencing this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Lhayek95 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you are stil experiencing this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Ok will contact them and hopefully they will help me. Thanks