Question

new wifi network not listed when in drop down menu nor will it recognize password says its incorrect and it is correct

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I’ve done everything!  Wifi, Ethernet connection, I finally reset the speaker.  The wifi network does t appear as an option in drop down menu of network to connect nor can I connect by typing in correct wifi name and password.  I get a password fail.! I’m going  nuts.  I didn’t think Sonos was so difficult when switching g networms

5 replies

When you say g networms (sic), you’re  talking about an 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g network correct? Sonos, other than the Move, can’t connect to a 5Ghz signal. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Since you reset your Sonos this is no help to you, but why not keep your old SSID and password when setting up a new network?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Double check your router, make sure it is set to support the B/G mode, not just the newer ones.

Since you reset your Sonos this is no help to you, but why not keep your old SSID and password when setting up a new network?

I’m at a rental so not an option 

I’ve done everything!  Wifi, Ethernet connection, I finally reset the speaker.  The wifi network does t appear as an option in drop down menu of network to connect nor can I connect by typing in correct wifi name and password.  I get a password fail.! I’m going  nuts.  I didn’t think Sonos was so difficult when switching g networms

More info, I’m at a rental with a different network, it’s a play 3 speaker.  How can I connect ?  Trying the reset and connecting as a new network (similar to when I first purchased Sonos) isn’t working either