New WiFi hub

• 24 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi have a new WiFi hub and have followed the instructions on the sonos help page to set up via move or through wired into the hub directly and neither has worked. Sonos Move fails at the point it says it’s opened its own WiFi and I need to click on this but nothing is showing up as an option on my WiFi list and then when you try the alternate option to set up via cable into the hub it isn’t finding the device I have plugged in. 

Any ideas to how to get me back up and running?

thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi thanks for coming back to me. I have got in contact with my service provider of the new Router and ran through your questions. 

Answers below

1. Yes it’s off
  2. no overlapping 
  3. it is
  4. yes they are
  5. yes
  6. yes

thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Big Poppa.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.