New Wifi: 1of 3 Speakers Will Not Connect.

• 19 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Switched out my WiFi router and after much tinkering finally got 2 of 3 Sonos speakers running by hard-wiring each via ethernet. But one of the devices disappears when I disconnect and try to access wirelessly. Have rebooted the router, rebooted the speaker. Still nothing.

Very Frustrating

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Eastway.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Here are the steps to set up your speakers wirelessly again.

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System > Network > Wireless Setup and follow the prompts to enter your WiFi password.
  3. Once the wireless setup is complete, disconnect the Ethernet cable from any Sonos products wired to your router.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Have done that. My wireless network shows up already connected “In Use”

Have also tried “System/Add Product” but does not see the device

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Eastway.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Your confirmation number is: 1239302711.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Eastway.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

After that try to add the play:5 again if still unable to see the speaker, hardwire the speaker to the router and add it again.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.