Question

New upgrade...now Play:1 keeps turning back on

• 7 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Since completing the latest upgrade this week and linking to Spotify no matter how many times I turn off my Play:1 and uncheck various boxes/settings, it keeps turning on again after a few minutes and playing the next track in line. I tried everything I could think of last night and in the end had to resort to unplugging it to get some sleep. Given you can't just plug it back in, I had to set it up again as a new room.

Is there a solution? I don't want to keep unplugging/setting up my Play:1 - leaving it off makes it redundant. I couldn't seem to find a way to 'unlink' Spotify in case that was the issue and the only advice I could find related to deleting my Spotify account, which I don't want to do. Just need to disconnect it if it's causing an issue and stream music as I did previously. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If you have upgraded to sonos 7.0 released yesterday, and are playing from spotify, this could be a new bug.
I would contact support.
You can just unplug & replug sonos kit, and all should be good, no need to reset anything.
Thanks - will do that properly tonight and see how it goes.
I have the same problem. I cleared the queue and turned the volume to off on Spotify to get around it - not a great solution though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Have you tried pressing pause button on play unit, that should always stop everything.