Question

New system too finicky

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Our Sonos system is about 2 years old and includes a Connect which Chanel’s our stereo system and two Sonos Ones. I found the old system finicky, but this new System 2 is even worse. The Connect will connect to our wireless network briefly and then lose it. It is close to a Roku that is wireless and with with we have very few connection problems unless there is heavy internet traffic. I have updated the components of the new system and keep reinstalling the Connect. But it will not stay connected. Very frustrating!! Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you use an 802.11ac router, then perhaps try switching your WiFi devices nearby, like the Roku or anything else on a WiFi connection, over to the 5ghz Band ..and continue to run your Sonos device on your routers 2.4ghz band. On the router itself set the 2.4ghz band to a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel, either 1, 6 or 11.. just see which channel works best for your environment.. I would give each channel a try for a couple of hours and if one works well, then leave it at that.

If your home WiFi has any other wireless access points besides the main router, then configure those to ‘mirror’ the main router settings with the same SSID’s/Passwords and channel numbers.

Hope that improves your ‘Connect’s’ connection.