New Sonos Move

• 21 November 2020
  • 4 replies

I am adding a Move. The app finds it and then has me shut if off, turn it on, and then takes a couple of minutes searching. It next takes me to a page “wireless setup” and “Go to accessory page” on the bottom. The app locks up there and won’t do anything else. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I had to turn my phone off to get out of the Sonos app. I then powered on. I went to my wifi settings and saw “Move”. I clicked it. I then went back and the Move was added to my system. There’s definitely a glitch. 

Have you perhaps got an Android mobile controller device to hand - or an Apple device running an earlier version of iOS. I have seen mentioned elsewhere online that Apple ‘may’ have an issue in the latest update that affects Apple WAC - wireless accessory configuration.

I suspect another controller device ‘might’ resolve the issue reported here - perhaps🤔? ...Well, it maybe worth a try.

The same thing is happening to me. I click on Go to accessory page and nothing happens. Any luck?

It should be a fairly straightforward process as described in this link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1006

I have not ever seen a case where the product setup process asks for the device to be switched off/on - so perhaps see if the above link helps.