New Sonos Arc

• 17 July 2021
  • 7 replies

I bought my Arc yesterday and set it up. All went well. Later that evening the app would no longer connect the soundbar and it would say to check the internet. Internet is fine and all my devices connect without a problem. Tried reconnecting via the app multiple times with no luck. Did a reset this morning and now I can’t connect to it still and no sound. Support is closed on weekends. I’m very frustrated that this expensive device doesn’t work as it should. Any suggestions? I have a cable router that you cannot make any changes to, but works fine with all my 30+ devices at home.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? What router are you using? Have you tried disconnecting the Arc from the TV and unplugging the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes and redoing the TV Setup process in the Sonos app?

I’m using a Samsung TV. Router is an XFINITY XB7. I haven’t tried unplugging the tv itself. Only the Arc and also completely reset the arc which seems to have made the problem worse.

Userlevel 7

Reboot your router and phone. You may even try deleting the Sonos app and reinstalling it. Disconnect the Arc and any other devices from the TV and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Plug the TV and Arc back in but keep the Arc and other devices disconnected from the TV. Be sure Anynet+ is enabled on your TV. Redo the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the Arc to your TV’s HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you to. When the Arc is connected properly, connect the rest of your devices to the TV.

Tried that now and the app no longer finds the soundbar.

Userlevel 7

After you reset the Arc, did you set up the Arc in the Sonos app again?

I had to reset a second time using a different method I found online. The only way I got it work was hardwiring it to the modem which is not ideal. It refuses to connect to wifi.

While ARC is wired to the router verify that ARC’s WiFi credentials are correct.