Answered

New Sonos Amp sync with other zones

• 31 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello all,
Its 3am and I cant stop thinking about this, so came on here for help. I’m new to the Sonos game, and planning the following setup:

Zone 1: open plan living room-kitchen: sonos amp (new version) with 4x sonance c6r

zone 2: hallway : sonos one

zone 3: master bedroom: sonos one

My qq is whether anyone has experienced snyc delays when the zones are all grouped with the amp? I’ve heard people having issues with the connect amp and the connect.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 August 2019, 04:38

No sync issues when all are playing music (streamed). The delay you’ve been seeing is when one room is using the TV (HDMI) input.

Sonos uses a low latency 5ghz signal for speakers that are “bonded” in a 5.1 room setup, so there is effectively no delay between those 5.1 speakers. However, the way that Sonos is designed is to buffer a certain amount so that X number of rooms can be played in sync. So when you’re streaming music, all speakers will play in sync, when your grouping rooms with the TV input you have to pay that extra delay.

Theres no reason any number of CONNECT:AMPs and Sonos Amps would not play any music stream in sync, it’s exactly what the Sonos system is designed to do.
View original

3 replies

No sync issues when all are playing music (streamed). The delay you’ve been seeing is when one room is using the TV (HDMI) input.

Sonos uses a low latency 5ghz signal for speakers that are “bonded” in a 5.1 room setup, so there is effectively no delay between those 5.1 speakers. However, the way that Sonos is designed is to buffer a certain amount so that X number of rooms can be played in sync. So when you’re streaming music, all speakers will play in sync, when your grouping rooms with the TV input you have to pay that extra delay.

Theres no reason any number of CONNECT:AMPs and Sonos Amps would not play any music stream in sync, it’s exactly what the Sonos system is designed to do.
Bruce - that’s very clear. Thanks mate.
You’re most welcome!