Answered

New Sonos Amp Sound Issues

• 13 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I recently purchased the Sonos new amp to replace my old Sonos amp due to app issues.

The setup is to power 2 x Bowers & Wilkins am1 outdoor speakers. The previous setup has been running fine for 3 years with no issues. On switch over of the amp the sound quality is appalling. Nothing in the setup has changed bar the amp switchover and the speakers almost sound like the music is being played through someone’s mobile phone. Any immediate advice? thanks  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 June 2021, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you check your wires and connections again?

I have, could it potentially be worth trying some new speaker cable just to be sure?

Userlevel 7

The speaker cables might be the problem, but since they worked with your Connect:Amp, I would be surprised if that made the difference. Have you tried unplugging the Amp from power for a couple of minutes? Have you adjusted the EQ settings, made sure Volume Limit is turned off, and set the Amp to stereo under the Sound settings?

I have and I’m at my wits end with it! We’ve hosted parties with them previously and the sound is phenomenal!

Userlevel 7

I would contact Sonos Support to make sure your Amp isn’t defective before getting new speaker wire.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US