Answered

New Router. Now I receive error on my windows 10 "Sorry, can't connect to Sonos"

• 24 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I had to replace my router and everything was easy to migrate but Sonos.  I have several Sonos speakers and a sonos connect.   I have everything working except for my primary windows 10 PC.  I uninstalled Sonos and reinstalled with now change.   installation went as expected, it found my sonos system and it completed just fine.  But when I launch sonos app  I receive this error.   I have had it running on this same windows 10 machine for about 6 months.

I also installed the same sonos app on another windows 10 machine, installed just the same, but it started up without a problem.  This machine has not had it installed before.

Is there a configuration files hidden somewhere that i need to delete?

My IPAD, IPhone, 2 windows 10 machines all work just fine.

Is there a firewall setting somewhere that has the wrong router name in it?   i changed the router name.

icon

Best answer by controlav 26 March 2020, 14:27

Make sure the new WiFi network connection is marked as “private” not “public”. (Why Sonos don’t check for this in the app startup I still do not understand).

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

My problem continue after i had thought I fixed it by switching to private.  What did fix it is I return my router and went back to the new Orbi Mesh router.    I had purchased a ASUS AC3100.  This router was rated very well, one of the top.   i spent hours with technical support, and we could not fix it.   I had another model ASUS before and it had problems with my home SmarThing network.  I should have know better.    i do not want to bash ASUS the support was great, but I doubt I will every purchased one again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I found my problem.  I have no idea how my network was changed tp public.   I changed back to private and fixed it.

Windows defaults to public on new networks, and you said you created a new network. Now if Sonos would add the 2 lines of code to check for this in their app, they would save customers a ton of grief.

Badge +2

I found my problem.  I have no idea how my network was changed tp public.   I changed back to private and fixed it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Make sure the new WiFi network connection is marked as “private” not “public”. (Why Sonos don’t check for this in the app startup I still do not understand).

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Have ypu tried removing/reinstalling the Sonos app on your Windows 10 machine?