Question

New router, now can't find one speaker

After getting a new router, I can't find/connect to one of my Play 1 speakers. I've reset the modem several times, changed he wireless channel, unplugged the speaker sever times, none of those have solved the issue. The speaker is in the next room, but I moved it around if there was interference, but no luck. I've hardwired the speaker to the modem and I can find and connect to it, as soon I remove the cable, it drops off again and disappears.

My diagnostics number is 711640

Any idea how to resolve the issue?

4 replies

The typical cause of this is duplicate IP addresses. These show up after a router change because the new router has no idea of the current IP assignments, so when an IP is requested, it issues an IP that was previously assigned to another device. Rebooting single devices or the router can actually exacerbate the problem unless you refresh the entire network. Do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.
Thanks for the reply. I followed your suggestion and the same speaker still is not connecting.
ClaytonRobertson wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I followed your suggestion and the same speaker still is not connecting.

I would try to add it again, then submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here. Sonos support will get back to you.
Not sure what happened this time, but it connected! Thank you!!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)