Question

New Playbar - TV freezing

• 14 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
Since having my player my TV has been freezing on a regular basis. That is the remote control either wont work to control the tv at all, or only the volume and channel +/- buttons are working, but not numbers/power buttons. I have to unplug the tv to fix it but then the problem returns usually the next day.

Now this may be a tv only issue, but it is a coincidence that it has only ever happened in the past 2 weeks, and within a couple of weeks of having the playbar.

Is this something others have experienced, have a fix for or any way to know if it is sonos related?

One time it happened after having the tv on, then changing sound to a different source to play music and then changing back to tv sound. Other times there haven't been these jump in sound source issues.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Greggy1. It sounds as though the TV is yielding control to the PLAYBAR and doing so incorrectly. First thing to try would be to add the remote again using this article. Let us know if this does not work.