Question

New controller requires password and I'm pissed off

• 20 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge
Half of my devices work on 1 set of iPhones, the other half work on others. On my laptop controller I can't login to the password. I request "send reminder" that when it arrives, I change my password which then will NOT allow me to add the missing zones.

This system was awesome. I have 17 zones across 2 houses. If you would have told me I would need passwords for the new controller I would NOT have upgraded. This system is now complete garbage and I will be throwing it in the garbage if you can't put me back to the prior controller. This controller is almost as bad as Donald trump being elected.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Jason, we edited your post a bit to remove the inappropriate language. The password is a feature to help protect you and your home setup.

We're happy to help get it sorted out. Likely you're using the same account here as you are on your system at home, in which case you should have the password fine.

If you're having trouble connecting your system after an update, I'd suggest starting with a reboot on the network. Just power down the router and any other network devices, then turn them back on one at a time. This includes all of your Sonos devices. When everything is back up, go ahead and make sure you're on the right network and pull up your Sonos software.

If you're still missing some players, it might just be some interference getting in the way. We'd be happy to take a look if you can just submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number.