Answered

New Arc issues

• 18 September 2021
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies

I’ve had the Arc working flawlessly for 12 months or so, paired with a Sub 3 and two Ones. Watching the TV yesterday..the screen went black, sound stopped and the light on the ARC was flashing. Everything came back for a second then it repeated and then settled. It has continued to do this all day on intermittently. The setup then disappears from the Sonos App. Any suggestions? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 September 2021, 11:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gibsy 

That’s fantastic! Good news!

As you have a couple of Moves, we can’t remove the WiFi credentials from your system as they will not connect via the Boost. However, if you start having problems again, please check Settings » System » About my System. Each speaker that isn’t a Move or surround should show WM:0 which means that unit is connecting to SonosNet. If they show WM:1, then they are connecting to WiFi, which you don’t want - check the Boost if you see the majority of your speakers on WM:1. Surround speakers will show WM:2

Unfortunately, there isn’t really a way to prevent your Moves from connecting to the Sky Q boxes, other than ethernet-wiring the Sky Qs and disabling their WiFi broadcasts, or you having another WiFi that they don’t rebroadcast, like a mesh, that has different credentials. Removing the Sky credentials from Sonos and adding the new ones would then prevent Sonos from connecting to the Sky Qs.

For now though, have a rest and enjoy the tunes! And, you are very welcome!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well…since putting the ‘Boost’ back online all has been as stable as a rock 🤞🏻Thanks for all your help, wouldn’t have noticed the ‘Boost’ was offline without you mentioning it as the white light was on. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

Checked the ‘Boost’ and there was no activity on the ports at either end - Boost and Router. Reset it and activity is showing and ‘Boost’ is now showing again in the system. Will now monitor and report back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gibsy 

I did indeed look at the diagnostics, and no Boost was present - this is likely the cause of the problem.

Please ensure the Boost has power and is still connected via ethernet. If it has power, please reboot it. If the Boost appears to be faulty, wiring a speaker instead will suffice.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi 

Thanks for the info. 
You are correct I have Sky Q but everything has been stable for 12 months or so.. I have a boost via Ethernet already…is that sufficient? Have you managed to look at the diagnostics? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Gibsy 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Arc appears to be rebooting because it detects a change in how it’s connecting to the network. It’s strange that the TV picture goes black, but presumably something to do with the TV detecting the change in status of the Arc.

Regarding connecting to your network, Sky Q boxes (which I presume you have) can cause many problems with Sonos as they do not allow the types of communication that Sonos depends on. I highly recommend that you permanently connect one of your Sonos products to the router with an ethernet cable. Any speaker will do - just don’t use the Lounge surrounds or Sub. Within a minute or two, the entire Sonos system (Moves and Roams excluded) will connect to it’s own private WiFi broadcasted by the wired Sonos unit.

This will make your Sonos system much more stable.

I also recommend you reboot your router by removing power for at least 30 seconds, and repeat this several times a year - let’s say quarterly.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

And again…new report 2077527545

Userlevel 1
Badge

Diagnostic report 110646644 submitted.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Spoke too soon, just happened again. Will submit report.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Have been away for a few days so powered everything off whilst away. Upon return no issues at all yesterday…so looks like it’s now sorted but strange as not really done anything but good news nonetheless.

Userlevel 7

Hi again

I know you’ve gotten a lot of “do this and try this”. My apologies if nothing has helped to resolve the issue.

To recap …suggestions that have been given are to:

Check power connections

Check and/or swap out the HDMI cable

Check TV menu settings 

Call Panasonic tech support

All good suggestions. However there’s one more…

Reproduce the issue and immediately submit a Diagnostic report to Sonos and post the reference  number in your next post. Call Sonos tech support to discuss the findings. I doubt it but it could be something wrong with the Arc. Click the link for instructions on how to submit.

However, my gut feeling is that there’s something going on either with the HDMI cable and/or the Panasonic is somehow sending a signal via CEC telling the Arc to reboot???

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US

Userlevel 1
Badge

Will do

Userlevel 7

Have you checked your menu for updates to your Panasonic? Also I would contact Panasonic tech support and discuss the issue with them. It may be a known issue for which Panasonic my have a fix. Especially so since everything was working fine for a year using the same setup.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Panasonic 65HZ2000

Userlevel 7

One more question…what brand/model is your TV?

Userlevel 1
Badge

👍🏻

Note you ‘may’ have to toggle off HDMI-CEC in the TV settings when running the TV on its internal speakers and don’t forget to switch it back on when you later reconnect the Arc.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks will do

No issue at all with just music

I would see what the TV does next. Remove the Arc’s HDMI cable from the back of the TV and power on the TV and see if it runs okay on its own internal speakers. If it does, then maybe try a different HDMI cable between the Arc & TV and then see what happens in that case. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

No issue at all with just music

Hi

Both ends checked and all secure. Tried out of the power strip and still the same.

What happens when the TV is just left off or in standby and you’re just playing music audio to the Arc from the Sonos App? Is it still rebooting and stopping playing in that situation?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

Both ends checked and all secure. Tried out of the power strip and still the same.

Userlevel 7

As per the link your Arc appears to be booting up. Check the power connection on both ends. Let us know the results. Also, if using a power strip try plugging the Arc directly into a wall outlet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi It flashes white for the second or two the TV screen is blank.

Userlevel 7

What color is the flashing LED?  
Click the link to diagnose and let us know.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US